Very long range Ka detection experienced with RL360c

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have been using RL360c for long distance trips since August, the performances has been very well. Today, I actually experienced very long range Ka detection and like to share it with the community.

While traveling on I-95N near Exit 7 in NJ Turnpike, I received initial Alert on Ka (34.7xx), shortly after, the alerts became intense and full lit. Checking my Waze, there was no reports of any LEO near by. As a precaution, I slowed down to near posted speed limited and look around if there is anything that might trigged alerts. The full alerts had continued 2.5 miles, just as I was thinking it might be some false signal from some near by vehicles traveling in same direction, it was a NJ HPO right there! As soon as I passed him, the arrow flipped. Then continued as a rear alert for awhile.

While I am happy to see such long range of detection performance from RL360c, I am echoing many others have indicated signal ramping up issue. For this case, the initial alerts with one and two bars only last few seconds, then the alert was full lit all way. That just defeat the whole concept to have a strength meter. Hopefully, this can be improved with next firmware update.

For the reference, I have set my RL360c with Auto mode.

In the past, I had only seen such range of detection with R7. It is good to see how well RL360c had performed.

rahul1023

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've seen NJ state troopers on the NJTP driving with their radar guns on. It's likely he was traveling in the same direction as you with FF radar but a few cars ahead. I've had this happen a few times on the NJTP and there is also 3 lanes each traveling same direction, for example non truck lanes and trucks + cars lanes.

MrCheese

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Police here routinely cruse the slow lane in ghost cars. They let you pass or you run up on them, and bingo your having an unexpected conversation.

MrGuy58

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the max 360c, and have used it on on long drives. The device never missed a leo and when it alerted I had plenty of time to lower my speed because the range of this unit is plenty. I don't see a good reason to spend more money on the redline at this time. With gps it remembers where the same false alerts are and mutes them automatically. Love this thing. I assume the redline is a great unit but if you have a max 360c I wouldn't.

Theichiban

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have the max 360c, and have used it on on long drives. The device never missed a leo and when it alerted I had plenty of time to lower my speed because the range of this unit is plenty. I don't see a good reason to spend more money on the redline at this time. With gps it remembers where the same false alerts are and mutes them automatically. Love this thing. I assume the redline is a great unit but if you have a max 360c I wouldn't.
I moved from the Max360c to the RL360c and will tell you the range is significantly better. I live in NC and travel to VA so stealth was a good move as well. My Max360c saved me many many times but the range difference compared to the RL360c is worth the upgrade IMHO. In the end it was $200 for the upgrade after selling the Max360c. My .02. Be safe. Chris

CPR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I moved from the Max360c to the RL360c and will tell you the range is significantly better. I live in NC and travel to VA so stealth was a good move as well. My Max360c saved me many many times but the range difference compared to the RL360c is worth the upgrade IMHO. In the end it was $200 for the upgrade after selling the Max360c. My .02. Be safe. Chris
Hi, I just ordered a RL360c and am in NC and will sometimes travel through VA. Can you share your settings for best performance?

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a Max360, and it has been a great unit and given me some impressive detections over time, however when you get into tougher terrain I have also had some scary short encounters as well. If you live an an area with a lot of open/straight roads the Max 360 is still a great option. I will say the RL is noticeably more sensitive though.

Theichiban

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi, I just ordered a RL360c and am in NC and will sometimes travel through VA. Can you share your settings for best performance?
I run Ka 2,4,5,6,8 k notch on ......actually I use vortex's recommended settings from his site and would advise the same. see attached url. where you at in NC?

Reactions: CPR

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Pretty cool but I've gotten the same and longer alerts from the original Valentine One. If I lived in an area like rural flat area with long highways I would choose the Valentine One.

CPR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I run Ka 2,4,5,6,8 k notch on ......actually I use vortex's recommended settings from his site and would advise the same. see attached url. where you at in NC?

Thanks, will try these settings. I’m in the Triad area.

I’ve noticed two laser traps in my travels here. HWY 68 southbound lane at Cornerstone. Tahoe on top of bridge with laser and multiple units at entrance ramp pulling people over.

Business 85 near Furnitureland South as you exit I85. Again, unit on bridge nailing people with laser and multiple units pulling people. I’ve seen these setups a couple times, so I’m thinking about the ZX5 (not sure what laser is used here).

TonyPHX

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have been using RL360c for long distance trips since August, the performances has been very well. Today, I actually experienced very long range Ka detection and like to share it with the community.

While traveling on I-95N near Exit 7 in NJ Turnpike, I received initial Alert on Ka (34.7xx), shortly after, the alerts became intense and full lit. Checking my Waze, there was no reports of any LEO near by. As a precaution, I slowed down to near posted speed limited and look around if there is anything that might trigged alerts. The full alerts had continued 2.5 miles, just as I was thinking it might be some false signal from some near by vehicles traveling in same direction, it was a NJ HPO right there! As soon as I passed him, the arrow flipped. Then continued as a rear alert for awhile.

While I am happy to see such long range of detection performance from RL360c, I am echoing many others have indicated signal ramping up issue. For this case, the initial alerts with one and two bars only last few seconds, then the alert was full lit all way. That just defeat the whole concept to have a strength meter. Hopefully, this can be improved with next firmware update.

For the reference, I have set my RL360c with Auto mode.

In the past, I had only seen such range of detection with R7. It is good to see how well RL360c had performed.
On my recent driving trip, I was followed for a long time by several Texas highway patrol vehicles. On the first occasion, he was behind me but I did not know that for the longest time. My arrows were literally "spinning" gong from back to front to sides like a clock, flipping every five or six seconds. I think it was being overdriven or very confused. (For quite some time I was also not able to see where he was.). Once he finally overtook me, the arrows transitioned to forward of me. Overall, a very confusing experience. - BUT, the range was clearly there. I just don't know for how many miles he was creeping up behind me, or at least from how far away.

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
On my recent driving trip, I was followed for a long time by several Texas highway patrol vehicles. On the first occasion, he was behind me but I did not know that for the longest time. My arrows were literally "spinning" gong from back to front to sides like a clock, flipping every five or six seconds. I think it was being overdriven or very confused. (For quite some time I was also not able to see where he was.). Once he finally overtook me, the arrows transitioned to forward of me. Overall, a very confusing experience. - BUT, the range was clearly there. I just don't know for how many miles he was creeping up behind me, or at least from how far away.
One thing that I wish RL360c would offer is something similar in Unidentifiable R7, that user could adjust the sensitivities of front or rear independently. I do find RL360c is a bit too sensitive in times. Just as you have described, I had the similar encounters. With source from rear, plus reflection from the cars in front, the arrows just keep bouncing from rear, sides, and weak fronts, even showing as multiple sources. But I accept to make the RL360c with great range, there will be scarifies. It is just a small inconvenience to deal with. Overall, I love the RL360c.

BMBSALES

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
and TSR on if you are in triangle area.

Reactions: CPR

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49