ALP Jammer Valentine ONE install into Grill

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm going to a country were radar detectors are illegal. Confiscation, arrest, possible jail time. Please no comments about following the laws in a foreign country.... It's my risk to take.

I have a Valentine One and a Passport 8500i with an ALP Laser Jammer. ALP used to sell extensions for the V1 but stopped. Does anyone here have one or know where to get one? It allowed you to mount your V1 in the grill with a extension cord and face mount to the dash.

If the ALP v1 extension is not avaiable l I need to hide the detector in the grill and run a wire to the dash with an external speaker to alert me. A power cut off switch to the RD is important. The police in this country are no joke. They take bribes, they can take you out of the car and beat the crap out of you anytime. Their laws allow them to search for any reason they want. If they see me slam on the brakes they will suspect I have a RD.

They use laser (Prolaser III no Dragon eye) but there are no laser jammer laws on their books.

Help?

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Windshield detectors as V1 are not weather proof fyi.
Will continue in the morning after bedtime.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some of the German resellers do a remote weather proof enclosure with concealed display etc ;

Sometimes you can get the enclosure seperately ;

There used to be one for the V1G1 as well.

Occasionally on Amazon but out of stock ;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WKRYSJK/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Occasionally on ebay too

HTH

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm going to a country were radar detectors are illegal. Confiscation, arrest, possible jail time. Please no comments about following the laws in a foreign country.... It's my risk to take.

I have a Valentine One and a Passport 8500i with an ALP Laser Jammer. ALP used to sell extensions for the V1 but stopped. Does anyone here have one or know where to get one? It allowed you to mount your V1 in the grill with a extension cord and face mount to the dash.

If the ALP v1 extension is not avaiable l I need to hide the detector in the grill and run a wire to the dash with an external speaker to alert me. A power cut off switch to the RD is important. The police in this country are no joke. They take bribes, they can take you out of the car and beat the crap out of you anytime. Their laws allow them to search for any reason they want. If they see me slam on the brakes they will suspect I have a RD.

They use laser (Prolaser III no Dragon eye) but there are no laser jammer laws on their books.

Help?
Why not just add the NetRadar to your ALP system?

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The V1 that goes with the ALP module is definitely not stealth and can be picked up with an RDD for quite a distance, I don't think V1 in the grill is the answer.

A V1G2 if in a weather proof covering could maybe be connected simply with Bluetooth with something like JBV1 without having to run any wires and is as good as stealth.

Depending on radars used, a Redline-O could be a good option. They're stealth and actually pretty reasonably priced. You would have to run a wire and weather proof it though.

A Netradar would flow the best if added to ALP...

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
With those stakes you need an absolute stealthed and integrated system, such as https://radenso.com/products/radenso-rc-m

It's too expensive.
Post automatically merged:

Some of the German resellers do a remote weather proof enclosure with concealed display etc ;

Sometimes you can get the enclosure seperately ;

There used to be one for the V1G1 as well.

Occasionally on Amazon but out of stock ;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WKRYSJK/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

Occasionally on ebay too

HTH

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. They want 999.00 EUR (appx. $1,223.00 USD in today's EXR rate) for a box with an extension cord. There has to be a cheaper way to do this.

All you need is a anti detector weatherproof box. What what I understand a magnesium is RDDD proof and that's what all the "invisible" detectors are made from. So I'm hypothetsizing that's all you need. With an extension cord.

1) Weatherproof invisible box
2) Extension cord
3) V1 Face plate
4) External speaker

The V1 face plate you could get from V1 right? And the rest should cost less an $100

Why not just add the NetRadar to your ALP system?

Too expensive. Doesn't have Arrows. Not a V1.

ALP used to offer a hidden install option with the V1 ingtegrated. They don't anymore. My guess is they were losing money to the Net Radar. Which, when you think of it, is a RD in a magnesium case. I'm not even sure how stealth it is. Can't find any tests online.

I don't want to sell the V1. I have an emotional attachment to it. It's saved me so many times it's not even funny. I like the way it looks.

The V1 that goes with the ALP module is definitely not stealth and can be picked up with an RDD for quite a distance, I don't think V1 in the grill is the answer.

A V1G2 if in a weather proof covering could maybe be connected simply with Bluetooth with something like JBV1 without having to run any wires and is as good as stealth.

Depending on radars used, a Redline-O could be a good option. They're stealth and actually pretty reasonably priced. You would have to run a wire and weather proof it though.

A Netradar would flow the best if added to ALP...

Is Net Radar Stealth? I could not find any tests online confirming it like the old Radar Roy tests. I guess I could sell the V1 and passport and buy the net radar if it's stealth.

Net radar doesn't have 360 arrows does it?

No. I'm not going to buy the new Next Gen V2. I don't think Valentines made enough improvements. I don't like the way it looks. It's not 100% stealth. It doesn't have a simple voice alert like the Passport 8000ix . Every time I would call V1 to check and ask why they don't have voice alerts (I have 20/20 vision and have to squint to see the little dots) you could hear the ladies eyes rolling over the phone.

I'll check out the Redline-O.

Last edited:

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. They want 999.00 EUR (appx. $1,223.00 USD in today's EXR rate) for a box with an extension cord. There has to be a cheaper way to do this.

That price includes the V1G2 RD as well - prices for those are always premium outside the US

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like the enclosures go for around $160, though this one is also out of stock/ended ;

If you want to make the V1G1 less detectable to Spectre, make sure you run it in custom sweeps 'C' mode with X band off, and not factory default 'A' all bogeys mode.

This makes my V1G1 3.8945 significantly less detectable

Is Net Radar Stealth? I could not find any tests online confirming it like the old Radar Roy tests. I guess I could sell the V1 and passport and buy the net radar if it's stealth.
Some good info here ;

and,

Last edited:

MichaelC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Redline original from Walmart

Maybe there is an audio extension cord and weatherproof case that will fit this.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
A magnesium case has zero to do with a detector being stealth.
Redline original from Walmart

Maybe there is an audio extension cord and weatherproof case that will fit this.
Just use a Tupperware type container, drill a small hole to run a wire through and then put some silicone on it to seal it. It doesn't have to be pretty or fancy, its hidden.

Flat plastic of container will not cause any noticable effect to signal. Do not mount case behind any honeycomb grill structure as that will totally kill reception range, it has to be either a clear view or behind flat non metallic plastic.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You need the RG2 Module to connect ALP and V1

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
First, if you mount the V1 in the grill, the arrows are going to be pretty much worthless as any signal from the rear horn will most likely be a reflected signal from the front. So, in that case, a single NetRadar is a viable alterative. Second, if you'd like to buy two NetRadar units (yes, a bit expensive), and mount one in the rear as well, it will have arrows that actually work. NetRadar DSP is as stealth as an R1/R3 Uniden which is to say, "functionally stealth". Only detectable within a couple feet.

If you really want to keep the V1, you'd be far better off, IMHO, to just mount it inside and create a stealth box for it. You could also build it into an overhead console or put it inside a seat's headrest or something. This has been done before around here. I'd get the G2 though for it's stealth capability against RDDs.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3