V1G2 Does Not Detect LTI Truspeed S

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
When a G1 is capable of doing things the G2 cannot, Mike shouldn’t be told “it’s OK”.

This is a fair point.

With each new generation, its fair to expect improvement. At a minimum, performance should be the same. However, when a new product actually performs worse than a previous generation, something is amiss - even if that feature is a second tier function.

Now that the G2 is internet upgradable, I think its also reasonable to expect that VR will, at some point, release a fix, assuming the reason is amenable to a firmware fix.

Add LTI TSS to the "fix" list.

In any event, the G2 blows Theia out of the water! :)

Last edited:

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Add LTI TS to the "fix" list.
Not the LTI TS. The LTI TSS; the TruSpeed S. Everyone reporting issues in this thread are having issues with the TruSpeed S and or SxB (TruSpeed S with bluetooth). There haven't been any negative reports on this thread from people using a TruSpeed 20/20 (standard TruSpeed) or the TruSpeed LR.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Typo fixed. Thank you.

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have reported again that V1G1 has a problem detecting Traffipatrol XR. At the same time it can detect with ease DESL. It has something to do with the high pulse rates and not with the VPR.
Not having any laser alerts in the 4 months that I have owned the Gen2, I was worried. So I bought the Alp laser tester. The Gen2 detected all of the units that it mimics. Except for the TraffiPatrol XR. The Gen1 sometimes detected it, but not consistently.

Where is the TraffiPatrol XR used? How common is it?

This is my first time playing with the laser. I may try to setup some testing scenarios just to get a feel for how the LIDAR world works....

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not having any laser alerts in the 4 months that I have owned the Gen2, I was worried. So I bought the Alp laser tester. The Gen2 detected all of the units that it mimics. Except for the TraffiPatrol XR. The Gen1 sometimes detected it, but not consistently.

This is my first time playing with the laser. I may try to setup some testing scenarios just to get a feel for how the LIDAR world works....
TraffiPatrol XR is not used in the USA. I forget what it’s trick is but it was one of the first OG guns that was difficult to jam without throwing jam codes.

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
TraffiPatrol XR is not used in the USA. I forget what it’s trick is but it was one of the first OG guns that was difficult to jam without throwing jam codes.
Thanks! That is good to hear. Well, unless you're in Greece or until it gets across the pond.....

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
These quite a few reports are very surprising. I wouldn't expect this with V1G2 at all. And if we add the K band issues that it doesn't detect some radars without K filter off, things are getting concerning. In this case, it would turn out that G2 would be almost useless here. But G1 has always done excellent performance against TSS. It was the only one able to actually catch scatters. Wouldn't VR be able to fix this issue with G2 through an update or something?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The overall problem is likely that the V1 is designed in the US to be used in the US. (Granted there is a eUro mode)

If they were to add TraffiPatrol XR detection, people here in the US would complain about more laser falses.

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The overall problem is likely that the V1 is designed in the US to be used in the US. (Granted there is a eUro mode)

If they were to add TraffiPatrol XR detection, people here in the US would complain about more laser falses.
Yeah, but they sell it in EU too, and not so cheap at that 699 EUR. And indeed it has Euro mode. I think these reports here were quite helpful for us to know what is to be expected. TSS is just what we widely have here. Hopefully they will fix it.

pipinos1976

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

TP XR is used across Europe but in other countries too (like Morocco, Chile etc) that are the usual market for Robot, the manufacturer of Traffipatrol lidars.
It's a VPR gun with high pulse rate, up to 4kHz, but it gets as low as 300Hz and then it's detectable from V1G1.
If V1G2 doesn't detect it at all then there is a filter implemented to cut above certain kHz and that causes the problems with TSS too. Do another test with the tester at about 6-7ft away (or further) from the V1 to avoid flooding the detector with power from the high pulse rate. Then try at different angles, especially from the right side of the detector and see the results. I have concluded that there is a better chance of detecting if the tester shoots from the right of the V1G1.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, but they sell it in EU too, and not so cheap at that 699 EUR. And indeed it has Euro mode.
Who sells it in EU too? To my knowledge (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Valentine Research doesn't sell them in EU.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I think there are private importers, like there are here.

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Who sells it in EU too? To my knowledge (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Valentine Research doesn't sell them in EU.
Well maybe that are not direct sells certainly but obviously they should have commercial dealers of some sort. I believe that is some Dutch entity with a web site and everything. I don't suppose that they would sell on their own responsibility. I even don't know if this is legally possible. I may be wrong but was left with the impression that a dealer sells here.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't believe that Valentine has any deals with any importers. They don't do anything like that here in the US.
It's my educated belief (not 100% known fact) that Valentine provides eUro mode for US customers that might travel with their detector. :)

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I really don't know for sure, but they make very bold statements on their website. :) Whatever. The main point here was the issue with the laser TSS. Anyway we live in a global world and one could order everything from anywhere, as long as price lives up to the necessity. V1G1 has been widely sold and used by many here for years.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about ordering things anywhere. :) but I also know how much difficulty some of our members have in getting a V1 outside of the states from Valentine Research. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian