Map color

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the map color ? My map is blue and it is very hard to read any roads.
Thank you in advance.

E46Coupe

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Hey ILS27L, you might have already found an answer to this question, but check out the Display settings, and you'll find "Map Style" under "Map options." I personally find "dark" to be the most agreeable, but there's quite a few options there to choose from. Retro is pretty cool looking too.

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@E46Coupe Thank you sir. I will check those out.
Just tried those and the map is still blue. I will keep looking

Last edited:

E46Coupe

Learning to Drive
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
@ILS27L Odd. I wonder if you could be seeing a weather or heat map overlay?

Can you possibly send a screenshot or two of what your Highway Radar looks like? Once the service is started of course. Maybe one of map settings as well. Areas of low but noted police report activity show as blue on the heatmap IIRC. Lots of roads around urban areas glow a nice blue with the heatmap. Here's an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@E46Coupe Thank you sir. I will check those out.
Just tried those and the map is still blue. I will keep looking
I think you have a heat map enabled, and you don't have transparent background configured for them.
If you're on beta, go to Settings -> Heat map -> Transparent background. Set it to anything above 0.
If you're not on beta, go to Settings -> Display -> Scroll to heat map -> Enable "Transparent background"

You can also completely disable heat maps if you don't find them useful. To do that, open the in-drive menu (a small button in the bottom right corner when service is running), and deactivate the heat map overlay. Depending on the version and your settings, you may either need to press on a button with "—" do remove any overlay, or press on the orange button with a "flame".

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@ferius Thank you for the detailed instructions.
I believe it was the "Transparent background" that was the issue.
Thanks again for the awesome product !

jcp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This may be a dumb ?, but how do I enable landscape mode? It (the map) doesn't rotate with the phone. Pixel 3xl on Android R.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Well, HwR doesn't have its own orientation enforcement -- it should follow the system's one. Do you have auto screen rotation enabled?

jcp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
NVM... I thought it was , it usually always is. It must have been turned off after I ran the monthly system update. I've noticed a few things that were reset after this last update. I assumed (I know what happens when one assumes) that all the settings were carried over just like all the other times. 😳 Thanks for the wake up ;) 😜

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3