Which license plate countermeasures are you running?

Ali baloch

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I purchased one of those reflective plate covers and I haven't gotten a ticket while traveling on toll roads in IL and TX. But my nephew bought one and for some odd reason he keeps getting tickets, so I told him to put some silver tape on the front of his windshield where his VIN# is and now he doesn't get tickets here in TX.
Like on the windshield??

Blasirl

Bring Order to Chaos
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
America's Dairyland - Smell our Dairy Air!
I purchased one of those reflective plate covers and I haven't gotten a ticket while traveling on toll roads in IL and TX. But my nephew bought one and for some odd reason he keeps getting tickets, so I told him to put some silver tape on the front of his windshield where his VIN# is and now he doesn't get tickets here in TX.
Does that cause the camera to focus differently or does the camera identify the vehicle by capturing the VIN?
Post automatically merged:

Are the privacy filters like the ones on a computer screen in a hospital effective against ir and visible light? If so does anyone know where i can buy that stuff in bulk?
I have two large size ones and am soon to try that out. Just remember that on a computer the blocking is to the left and right. You want to block top mostly, but it will from the bottom as well. Hence that is why I have large ones as I need to turn it sideways and cut it to fit. I'm currently looking for the right plate surround to mount them in.

Last edited:

FrostWolf

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Are the privacy filters like the ones on a computer screen in a hospital effective against ir and visible light? If so does anyone know where i can buy that stuff in bulk?
That would likely be like a form of plastic Fresnel lens.
I'm unsure if these could cause the proper deflection to obscure a license plate, and it would definitely depend on the angle the camera took a picture from. If the angle is straight on, it would probably be useless.

Xenoo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one of these...
Ghostplate
Looks like it has been around for at least 10 years and I cant find any reviews. Maybe the privacy screen they use for Monitors at doctors offices and stuff would be like the same thing. At least one verison of their product.

DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one of these...
Ghostplate
Looks like Ghostplate 2.0 has micro honeycomb oriented for vertical blocking. If so, will work. I built samples to sell of vertical and horizontal planes. Work great on LEO dash cams that auto look up plates From right behind. However, and other angle, it blocks. Good for various privacy reasons where commercial plate trackers bread crump people. Yet, when LEO pulls in behind they can read the plate. So far, never a hassle. I have seen multiple times on four lane where LEO is in left lane coming past. Slows down, looks at plate, pulls in behind, see the auto reader work, or can see plate with eyes. Then pulls out and passes by. More than one time LEO looked over at me with grin.

some states will hassle you. However, I have driven with this system all points from my state without hassle. even in FL, as long as I have Sun Pass transponder (or easy pass up here), the toll will be read. I guess if there are locations that do not have the transponder system, they will not see the plate for toll. I do NOT do this to prevent toll charges. I pay tolls. This is used for bread crumb companies running city street cams, red light cams, and eventually any photo based MRXX.

I have decided to not sell the product. In these days of unequal justice, not interested in the risk. I have enough of the material made to supply family until I assume room temp. :)

DrHow

Going Plaid+ (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good trick. Plus wear a China virus approved “V Is For Vendetta ” Guy Fauks mask.. Your all set. :)
Post automatically merged:

Some of the “retail versions“ are Effective with low light and thermal. cheapo ones are not. Unless you have custom order made very large bulks sheets, you not find ”four direction“ versions. Depending on orientation, will work either vertically, or horizontal. PM me for the retail versions that you could patch together something that works.

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I told him to put some silver tape on the front of his windshield where his VIN# is and now he doesn't get tickets here in TX.
That’s not a thing. The VIN isn’t sought or considered, only the plate.

Plus wear a China virus approved “V Is For Vendetta ” GUI Fauks mask.. Your all set. :)
Who the driver happens to be isn’t considered, making a mask of any sort as misguided as the attempt to keep the “China virus” term alive.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian