Support for Tapatalk on RDF ending!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep. It's just different but most people don't like different.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you’re confused and confounded by browsing RDF in mobile Safari, then I am confused and confounded by you.

One tip, though, that will make it way better is to disable the wonky “rich text” type WYSIWYG mode. You can enable it temporarily if you want to paste a copied image. Otherwise completely unnecessary and eliminates the bad guessing the forum software does of what it thinks maybe you meant to do.

81269EC7-A164-4E53-AA73-1ECE2E665FA2.jpeg

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I guess nothing changes for this iOS user, I have only ever used the browser so maybe I didn’t know I was missing something.

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you’re confused and confounded by browsing RDF in mobile Safari, then I am confused and confounded by you.

One tip, though, that will make it way better is to disable the wonky “rich text” type WYSIWYG mode. You can enable it temporarily if you want to paste a copied image. Otherwise completely unnecessary and eliminates the bad guessing the forum software does of what it thinks maybe you meant to do.

View attachment 169819

Another iPhone/Tapatalk user in this thread expressed similar 'frustration.' After years of posting on Tapatalk it is natural for difficulties to occur on web based posting since the format is so considerably different. One is designed for mobile devices and the other desktops. I believe it.....you are confused and confounded.

Last edited:

Disco47

2020 National Champs - Roll Tide!
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've never seen the point of Tapatalk. Chrome on Android works fine for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 by typing with my fingers

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've never seen the point of Tapatalk. Chrome on Android works fine for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 by typing with my fingers

At risk of belaboring the issue (and this is my last post on the subject), this is pretty simple. Tapatalk was designed for mobile devices. I rarely post on desktops/laptops. (And at the end of a workday I don't want to see a computer/laptop.) You are using an S10....that's a 5.8 inch screen. That's small. Kudos on posting on that. I had a Note 10+ which is an inch bigger. The iPhone mini is 5.4." That's really small and I've seen those at the stores and I don't see how you post on that unless you have really young eyes and dexterous fingers. And many of you do. I don't. The forum masters can do whatever they want. Looks like Android gets PWA app and I have no idea what that looks like. But the iOS people don't. Carry on.......

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The iPhone mini is 5.4." That's really small and I've seen those at the stores and I don't see how you post on that unless you have really young eyes and dexterous fingers.
So your whole complaint is imagined difficulty on a phone you’ve never had with settings you never considered? FFS this is why I wouldn’t want to be staff around here (not that they’d have me). Some people...

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Please note that I intend to retire tapatalk from RDF shortly. Tapatalk is proving to be increasingly conflicting with various parts of the forum software, and the banners are an annoyance to non taptalk users.

Those who rely on Tapatalk are suggested to try out the native PWA app instead.

Click on the menu icon at top left of the website and click on install at the bottom of the menu.
View attachment 168958 View attachment 168960
If for some reason the first method doesn't work, you can try clicking on the menu for Chrome on the top right of the browser next to the URL. Then click on "add to home page" or "install app".
View attachment 168959 View attachment 168961
Chrome users can click on the plus icon to add the app to your desktop should you desire. I haven't tried on other browsers.
View attachment 168957
Safari on macOS do not support PWA apps due to Apple's ongoing failure to implement industry standards. While Safari on both macOS does support graceful offline handling, it does not support installation or badging at this time. Not sure if it works with Chrome in macOS.
iOS-based browsers do not support PWA apps due to Apple's ongoing failure to implement industry standards. While Safari on iOS does support graceful offline handling, it does not support installation or badging at this time.

EOL: 2021/01/06
The changeover happened pretty fast. Using Android and Chrome it sucks. If you want to make a change like that then let members vote on it after testing various platforms. People use Tapatalk for other forums, too. The old RDF app worked too, until a few months ago. I really don't care what you can do with social media. I use the forum to read what's going on and sometimes add my two bits worth.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Born2fish