Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I've updated the beta version, there are couple fixes and improvements there:
  • Added operation without the first GPS fix
  • Added an option to mute V1 X and K bands until the first GPS fix
  • Added a strength latch interval for radar alert (instead of showing the strength that detector reports, shows maximum strength over an interval).
  • Removed Bluetooth indicator from status panel if no detector is paired
  • Fixed annunciation not going away when V1 disconnects followed by service stop (e.g. you power-off the car, and then stop Highway Radar).
  • Fixed last frame in MRMS weather animation being always empty

spanky

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ferius: Thank you and Happy New Years.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I've just pushed yet another build for this version.
  • Extended alert latch till past detector stopped sending it
  • Fixed duplicating laser alerts when latch interval enabled
  • Removed arrows animations, as they tend to slow down when they're needed most -- a radar alert is incoming

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
When bluetooth connected to my V1G2 Mine works for a while then my tablet goes crazy, turns upside down, locks up. I have had KA alerts on it so I know it works but again after a little bit it goes crazy. I have tried it without the blue tooth hookup to my V1G2 and it work fine. Just some feedback

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow looks great!!

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
When bluetooth connected to my V1G2 Mine works for a while then my tablet goes crazy, turns upside down, locks up. I have had KA alerts on it so I know it works but again after a little bit it goes crazy. I have tried it without the blue tooth hookup to my V1G2 and it work fine. Just some feedback
Interesting. Do you see any similar behavior when using JBV1?

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I do not, just got home and no issues just running JBV1, this morning on my way in it happened again with Highway Radar, again I received a KA alert and it was telling me what it's supposed to and then about 2 minutes later it started giving me a GPS alert like it was lacking and then my tablet did the same thing, started locking up, turned upside down and so I had to reboot. I will try and re-aim my dashcam this weekend and see if I can get some video to help.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I do not, just got home and no issues just running JBV1, this morning on my way in it happened again with Highway Radar, again I received a KA alert and it was telling me what it's supposed to and then about 2 minutes later it started giving me a GPS alert like it was lacking and then my tablet did the same thing, started locking up, turned upside down and so I had to reboot. I will try and re-aim my dashcam this weekend and see if I can get some video to help.
Sounds really strange. Yes, some video would be helpful, thanks.

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ok I think it may have something to do with GPS while connected to my V1G2, I never had GPS issues before I upgraded but now it will tell me that I'm having GPS issues. I ran just HWY Radar this morning and it did the same thing. On the way home I ran JBV1 and no issues so I think it's something to do with when I'm hooked to my V1G2 with Highway Radar

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Ok I think it may have something to do with GPS while connected to my V1G2, I never had GPS issues before I upgraded but now it will tell me that I'm having GPS issues. I ran just HWY Radar this morning and it did the same thing. On the way home I ran JBV1 and no issues so I think it's something to do with when I'm hooked to my V1G2 with Highway Radar
Can you try going to Settings -> General and toggle "Use Google location services". This may help.

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I will try that this weekend, it works perfect if it's not blue toothed to my VG2, I ran it on the way home tonight not using the V1G2 hookup and it ran perfect so it must be something to do with my V1G2 and the app

VXAce

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Very nice the updated Weather map has been very helpful!

Is there an easy way to switch between map view and list view in the UI? I prefer to run list view most of the time until I see an alert worth looking at more or want to check weather/what's coming up ahead and I've found it slow to move between the two views.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Very nice the updated Weather map has been very helpful!

Is there an easy way to switch between map view and list view in the UI? I prefer to run list view most of the time until I see an alert worth looking at more or want to check weather/what's coming up ahead and I've found it slow to move between the two views.
Currently you can only make it by creating two separate profiles.

jcp

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This may be a dumb ?, but how do I enable landscape mode? It (the map) doesn't rotate with the phone. Pixel 3xl on Android R.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank u

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Still crashing for me or locking up, worked so good until I tried this version.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Still crashing for me or locking up, worked so good until I tried this version.
I actually have one guess. Do you have weather layer enabled? If yes, can you try disabling it? New weather model consumes a fair amount of CPU cycles, and accesses low level GPU to make computing faster. That could be the reason.

jcaptchaos2

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I actually have one guess. Do you have weather layer enabled? If yes, can you try disabling it? New weather model consumes a fair amount of CPU cycles, and accesses low level GPU to make computing faster. That could be the reason.
Ok will check thanks for the advice

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3