Installing ALP+NR into existing STiR+ config

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, I was going to start a new thread, but this is better due to the many helpful posts above.

I have the ALP system (5 rx heads) ready to install in my Tesla P85D, and I just ordered a new NRDSP, GPS Module, and Hi-fi control set to go with it.

I'm still torn about removing the STiR+ radar antenna because the Ka is still quite good, but just now I saw this quote above which I somehow missed earlier:

Wow.. this is a great idea!! I'm pretty sure I'll have my installer do this. But will the NRDSP antenna up front interfere with the STiR+ antenna in the rear?

I've run "ghetto arrows" for years with my R1's and Redline-O's for untold thousands of miles with no issues and more saves against the best at I/O on Earth than I can even count! I use the R1's up front for K band with all of their filtering and Ka band duty while the Redline-O's are segged to 2-5-8 only with no K band or X band out back and they kill it in the 3 cars I run them in! I would expect your setup to be very similar to mine and I wouldn't be worried at all about it.

Last edited:

HankLloydRight

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks, Kennyc56!

But I'm just a noob-- what does this mean?
against the best at I/O on Earth

Also, R1=Uniden R1 and Redline-O is "Redline-Original" or Redline 360?

Is there an acronym chart for RDF? LOL

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

HankLloydRight

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What would you do?

1. Install the STiR+ antenna in the rear and do "ghetto arrows" as mentioned above (with NR-DSP in the front)
or
2. Pay another $500 for a second NR-DSP antenna to mount in the rear and remove the STiR+ all together.

Is there any market left for a used STiR+ system (without laser shifters)? Value?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YepItsAHoopty