V1G2 1.2 mile Ka 35.482 alert

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The distance isn't that amazing, but it is very good considering the leo was on the opposite side of divided highway, parked behind a large box truck with forward facing radar over a slight hill. This was with 4.1023, no loss of Ka sensitivity! My V1G1 didn't alert until almost half a mile before the LEO. I thought it might be broken! Unfortunately, I don't have a camera.

The rear facing antenna picked him up for almost 3/4 of a mile afterwards, even after rounding a corner.

With this much sensitivity, I almost fall asleep waiting to get to source of the alert. To bad we can't raise a flag when we find them to show we found them, then just keep on trucking!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This damn thing is just simply incredible on 34.7! Having a dashcam doesn't do any good for almost all of my encounters anymore! I had a State Trooper shooting 34.733 and 34.763 I/O shots from both antennas ahead of me in my same lane but he was so far ahead that I couldn't even see him! This went on for miles once again on my way home from work today. I finally saw him turn left and then I was getting his shots as side off axis alerts! Now I've been hit with point blank 34.7 and several stupid off axis and rear alerts as well. Ka band is stellar now no matter how I get hit! The ramp is perfect for every situation! If and when they get K band even close to this, the V1G2 will be one hard SOB to beat! 4.1023 damn sure didn't hurt Ka band, that's for sure!

Last edited:

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@WildOne , the V1G2 is definitely a beast on Ka including 35.5. I encounter a lot of 34.7 and 35.5, and I am so impressed with the V1G2’s off axis performance on Ka.

My only radar encounter with the new firmware was an over the hill/off axis K-band encounter in Advanced Logic mode.
It was just a .3 to .4 of a mile warning, but I was pleased with it given the terrain, the location of the LEO, and I was running in Advanced Logic. I got it on video, and I likely will post it this weekend.

Sometimes the lower distance warnings can be just as good as the 2-3 mile alerts given the terrain and circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The ff alerts are so strong that it's hard for me to tell if it's coming at me or ff! I'm having to learn how to read them all over again! The ramp is perfect, but it gabs the signal like a Pitbull so hard that I can't believe it's forward facing when I figure it out!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This damn thing is just simply incredible on 34.7! If and when they get K band even close to this, the V1G2 will be one hard SOB to beat! 4.1023 damn sure didn't hurt Ka band, that's for sure!

^^^^^^ I totally agree. This V1G2 is an absolute beast on Ka. I can’t tell you how many WOW moments my V1G2 has given me just in the last 6-9 months on 34.7 and 35.5, and that is just in mostly city driving. If VR can “fine tune” this thing on K-band like they have on Ka, the Gen2 is going to be “off the chain” beastly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I recently posted I don’t get much 34.7. I’ve also stated I don’t get the I/O that @Kennyc56 gets east of me. Well I got both yesterday morning. I got blasted with I/O 34.7 while I was half asleep and about spilled coffee all over my lap as I was jarred back into reality. Wtf. I survived the kill shot. Ramp up was spot on. Pride cometh before a fall.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think recently posted I don’t get much 34.7. I’ve also stated I don’t get the I/O that @Kennyc56 gets east of me. Well I got both yesterday morning. I got blasted with I/O 34.7 while I was half asleep and about spilled coffee all over my lap as reality set in. I survived the kill shot. Ramp up was spot on
Happens to the best of us my friend! Some of us a lot more than others! This new firmware, along with 4.1019 is the best defense I've ever seen against the I/O that I get hit with so damn much!

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think I recently posted I don’t get much 34.7. I’ve also stated I don’t get the I/O that @Kennyc56 gets east of me. Well I got both yesterday morning. I got blasted with I/O 34.7 while I was half asleep and about spilled coffee all over my lap as I was jarred back into reality. Wtf. I survived the kill shot. Ramp up was spot on. Pride cometh before a fall.
Always finish your coffee before going above PSL+5! ;)

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The distance isn't that amazing, but it is very good considering the leo was on the opposite side of divided highway, parked behind a large box truck with forward facing radar over a slight hill. This was with 4.1023, no loss of Ka sensitivity! My V1G1 didn't alert until almost half a mile before the LEO. I thought it might be broken! Unfortunately, I don't have a camera.

The rear facing antenna picked him up for almost 3/4 of a mile afterwards, even after rounding a corner.

With this much sensitivity, I almost fall asleep waiting to get to source of the alert. To bad we can't raise a flag when we find them to show we found them, then just keep on trucking!
no video it didnt happen

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If had a few pretty incredible 34.7 Ka detections. Range was impressive. Ramp up was buttery smooth and perfect. Arrows transitioned without a hiccup. Best detector currently in the market and for the foreseeable future!

VR is a reputable company who has been doing this for decades and not some Kickstarter-ish company with unrealistic projects. 😆

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbl470