V1G2 Mid December Upgrade now available

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are y’all putting up a report or videos later in the testing section or is this it? If this is it can you explain the testing method ? A few days ago I did an informal bench or garage test with the bushnell (not my mph python) , and it was about 1 full second of pressing the trigger for it to alert. This was pointing the bushnell behind, down, and to the side while the detector was still on the vehicles windshield.
Post automatically merged:

You did good with the results info, just wondering about the setup
To make a long story short, my V1G2 had a 3 full second delay[at least!] against straight on axis K band I/O from around 800 feet! I think he was using his Genesis 2 24.150 gun, but he changed guns so I'm not sure. I'm sure @VariableWave will post the facts. I just wanted to let you guys know as soon as we could! His was a tick quicker on 4.1021 but nowhere near fast enough to save you from even a very sloppy I/O shot!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok this was a field test in real-world environments.
My R1 ate the shots up even with K filter and TFS both on! With them off it was blistering fast and pegged the meter instantly in the same spot! His V1G1 alerted everytime before the button could be released for the true meaning of greased lightning! BTW, K pop was off on the R1 and V1G1 so there was no cheating! Edit...both cars were stationary during the I/O testing.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good stuff guys!... Or .... maybe bad stuff. 😀
Might think about running my R3 on trips up to PA now....
Trust me, no one loves their V1G2 more than me! I hate posting this but that's what testing is all about! We'll always post the truth whether it's good or bad! This time it's damn sure bad!

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can see our windshield's will start looking like Vortex's thumbnail as we use the best toy for each band 😀👍

1608416491148.png

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can see our windshield's will start looking like Vortex's thumbnail as we use the best toy for each band 😀👍

View attachment 167904
At least I know who the man is on Ka band! My V1G2 still blows my mind everyday against 34.7 and 35.5 from these trigger happy NC State Troopers! Our V1G2's have beaten every detector that @VariableWave and I own over and over, including his mighty R7 on Ka band! Our V1G2's have a long way to go against K Band I/O however, a long damn ways!

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
To make a long story short, my V1G2 had a 3 full second delay[at least!] against straight on axis K band I/O from around 800 feet! I think he was using his Genesis 2 24.150 gun, but he changed guns so I'm not sure. I'm sure @VariableWave will post the facts. I just wanted to let you guys know as soon as we could! His was a tick quicker on 4.1021 but nowhere near fast enough to save you from even a very sloppy I/O shot!
Well, the only way I saw a 3sec delay was if I modulated the pulse slightly in frequency. I didn't want to bring this up as I'm sure this would have really muddied the waters....just didn't feel like explaining it all... I also hoped it wasn't realistic of radars to be that bad. Apparently there are some that are that bad...think the POP problem.

The better news is that it got faster as the signal level dropped....not enough to say it was fast or even awake, but better than 3 sec....

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, the only way I saw a 3sec delay was if I modulated the pulse slightly in frequency. I didn't want to bring this up as I'm sure this would have really muddied the waters....just didn't feel like explaining it all... I also hoped it wasn't realistic of radars to be that bad. Apparently there are some that are that bad...think the POP problem.

The better news is that it got faster as the signal level dropped....not enough to say it was fast or even awake, but better than 3 sec....
The thing is, we tested his V1G1 and my R1 under the same conditions within minutes of each other and they both destroyed the same gun that destroyed both of our V1G2's. His was closer to 2.5 seconds, but that still sucks!

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funny that you mentioned this. First day out today with the Gen 2 and I basically got C/Owned against K band. The delay is not just causing issues with I/O, but any C/O encounter. Completely unacceptable in my area.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funny that you mentioned this. First day out today with the Gen 2 and I basically got C/Owned against K band. The delay is not just causing issues with I/O, but any C/O encounter. Completely unacceptable in my area.
I'm very sorry to hear about this! I haven't had even one legit police K band alert since owning my V1G2 or I would have said something way before now! I know it is all about filtering because it's blinding fast against any Ka band Q/T or I/O.

Last edited:

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about this! I haven't had even one legit police K band alert since owning my V1G2 or I would have said something way before now! I know it is all about filtering because it's blinding fast against any Ka band Q/T or I/O.
I'm not giving up all hope on it just yet. It's nice and quiet and I love the user interface! But if it's one job is to detect K Band reliably (especially at the speeds I allegedly drive), I really need it to do so. Time will tell, but it what I saw today was unacceptable. I'm pulling for it though.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not giving up all hope on it just yet. It's nice and quiet and I love the user interface! But if it's one job is to detect K Band reliably (especially at the speeds I allegedly drive), I really need it to do so. Time will tell, but it what I saw today was unacceptable. I'm pulling for it though.
What mode are you running? I wouldn't give up on it either! As soon as you get a 3 mile off axis 35.5 alert, you'll know what an incredible detector this thing is! We'll just have to keep VR on the hot seat just like we did over the Ka I/O ramp issue, and believe me, they did one hell of a job on that let me tell you!

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
What mode are you running? I wouldn't give up on it either! As soon as you get a 3 mile off axis 35.5 alert, you'll know what an incredible detector this thing is! We'll just have to keep VR on the hot seat just like we did over the Ka I/O ramp issue, and believe me, they did one hell of a job on that let me tell you!
logic mode with V1Driver connected

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
logic mode with V1Driver connected
I'd make sure that there's no other lockouts or filtering going on with V1 driver that you don't know about, and as you know stay away from big L if you're having delay issues with K band.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd make sure that there's no other lockouts or filtering going on with V1 driver that you don't know about, and as you know stay away from big L if you're having delay issues with K band.
No lockouts yet (haven't been using it long enough to trigger auto lockouts lol). I don't run any AutoMute settings in V1Driver. Savvy set to 30, but I was above that speed.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The thing is, we tested his V1G1 and my R1 under the same conditions within minutes of each other and they both destroyed the same gun that destroyed both of our V1G2's. His was closer to 2.5 seconds, but that still sucks!
Oh, trust me I know. This is why I have been posting my bench testing so much. Other than BSMs and Ka, my V1G1 is the gold standard to me. The V1G2 really needs help on K IO

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No lockouts yet (haven't been using it long enough to trigger auto lockouts lol). I don't run any AutoMute settings in V1Driver. Savvy set to 30, but I was above that speed.
Both of our V1G2's were right with my R1 on C/O 24.150 while the R1 had TFS and K filter on. The R1 pulled ahead on highway mode with K filter and TFS off, but not by a lot. When we came around the corner and got in the kill zone, @VariableWave noticed that my ramp on 4.1023 was lagging just like Ka band used to do before the fix. C/O still would have been plenty good for a save but not in the same world as we see against 34.7 and 35.5.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tishkyyyd4