V1G2 Mid December Upgrade now available

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
SBHC confirmed on 1023. I encountered around 50-60 or so troopers running Stalker DSRs and only one encounter resulted in 15 or so bogeys. I DID have the sun visor down so the rear antenna was picking up reflections off the visor from an approaching signal so that most likely skewed it but nevertheless it was still happening.
Are you using custom frequencies? It appears that those not using them are experiencing this. Do you have any frequency app logs ? I am aware of at least one user not running custom frequencies who reported a legit 34.7 with a high bogey count but his logs also showed some 35.2s in the mix, and that may have caused it. My custom frequencies would screen out anything at 35.2. See below.
DF830E06-4333-47FA-96C8-9AC0C9D4E837.jpeg

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Deadhead1971 Yes I have them (since SHBC began in previous versions)

33.7-8
34.5-35
35.4-6

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score

mhowie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Mazdas are still setting it off...

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It likely depends on the ambient radar noise level.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’m suspect that I had better K band performance with my G1 than I do now with my updated G2. Yes more BSM alerts but still a little more reliable K band performance. Anyone else feel this way? Weird.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I’m suspect that I had better K band performance with my G1 than I do now with my updated G2. Yes more BSM alerts but still a little more reliable K band performance. Anyone else feel this way? Weird.
Sensitivity seems about the same. I have had K IO and the G1 is quicker by at least a sec. This would make short impulses of CO(caused by multipath) to not be detected at all on the G2. K POP is also not detected by the G2. QT is not detected less than a sec or so and it doesn't get full power until a sec later.

So yes, it is not just you. K needs to be fixed. Ka IO/QT/CO on the other hand is a killer on G2. Nothing is close!
I'm running both until it gets fixed on the G2....

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sensitivity seems about the same. I have had K IO and the G1 is quicker by at least a sec. This would make short impulses of CO(caused by multipath) to not be detected at all on the G2. K POP is also not detected by the G2. QT is not detected less than a sec or so and it doesn't get full power until a sec later.

So yes, it is not just you. K needs to be fixed. Ka IO/QT/CO on the other hand is a killer on G2. Nothing is close!
Has anyone heard from VR on when a K band fix will be released?

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t have K in my area (except BSMs & automatic doors) so I can’t really comment. Look forward to what’s in the next release.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Thank you for the response. I agree completely on the Ka being fantastic. I live in foothills with a lot of K band in use though. Need all the response time Mike can come up with on certain K band guns where I live. He’ll get it right.

TheFlapjack

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can't recall the last time I had a legitimate K band hit. Now that I'm in the DFW area, I hear some locals run K. I get a fair amount of quick chirps before they are muted, I dont mind it really. If something punches through a bit stronger, I'll catch the difference easy enough.

As for the Ka...pretty impressive. Dare I say a little too sensitive, jk.
There are many scenarios where I find the cop hidden well back into a parking lot. Doesn't seem to be running patrol, but likely paperwork based on location. I notice this quite often, probably due to the fact I am just not used to seeing much radar action on surface streets. The occasional motorbike or car shooting traffic was about it when in Vegas. If on the freeways, then you would get NHP typically running CO. Coming to DFW (at least Mid-Cities), it seems every single patrol car drives around with Ka shooting 24/7. Some of the off axis alerts still impress me with the Ka.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can't recall the last time I had a legitimate K band hit. Now that I'm in the DFW area, I hear some locals run K. I get a fair amount of quick chirps before they are muted, I dont mind it really. If something punches through a bit stronger, I'll catch the difference easy enough.

As for the Ka...pretty impressive. Dare I say a little too sensitive, jk.
There are many scenarios where I find the cop hidden well back into a parking lot. Doesn't seem to be running patrol, but likely paperwork based on location. I notice this quite often, probably due to the fact I am just not used to seeing much radar action on surface streets. The occasional motorbike or car shooting traffic was about it when in Vegas. If on the freeways, then you would get NHP typically running CO. Coming to DFW (at least Mid-Cities), it seems every single patrol car drives around with Ka shooting 24/7. Some of the off axis alerts still impress me with the Ka.
Yeah, keep your eyes open. I hear there are some places in the mid-cities that run K-band. @aim4squirrels can probably be more specific.

V1G35

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My biggest issue is the arrow accuracy. They never flip when driving by ka source and act wonky. I have confirmed this on 2 units

aim4squirrels

Currently edging... Coming soon!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, keep your eyes open. I hear there are some places in the mid-cities that run K-band. @aim4squirrels can probably be more specific.
@TheFlapjack,

Bedford and Hurst definitely run K band. They appear (from my experience) to use K band in town on the surface streets. While on 183/121/820/360 freeways I only seem to encounter Ka 34.7 from them, so I don't know for sure but it appears they have dedicated patrol vehicles for freeway and others for in-town usage with specific K/Ka setups. Likely it's due to specific abilities/features of the various counting units by the manufacturers as to what they use where. Euless is exclusively 34.7.

If you venture into Fort Worth, they have some K and run a lot of 35.5 Ka, and Keller and Westlake run 33.8, so keep all the big 3 Ka signal segments active.

Hurst has a female officer running laser, and Fort Worth can use a good amount of laser.

Don't get me started on Arlington PD. F Arlington's PD. They run the gambit. It's 100% revenue generation in Arlington. Take your business elsewhere. Anywhere else.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ran into a lot of Ka yesterday. No SHBC issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-115923.png
    Screenshot_20210125-115923.png
    259.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210125-115928.png
    Screenshot_20210125-115928.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210125-115944.png
    Screenshot_20210125-115944.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 18

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
My biggest issue is the arrow accuracy. They never flip when driving by ka source and act wonky. I have confirmed this on 2 units
Mine works fine in most cases; the arrows get confused sometimes by reflecting radar signals in city urban areas off billboards and DOT highway signage

woodyth

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don’t have K in my area (except BSMs & automatic doors) so I can’t really comment. Look forward to what’s in the next release.

OK dumb newbie question. Please tell me how to figure out what is used in my area?

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
OK dumb newbie question. Please tell me how to figure out what is used in my area?
Pair V1G2 to your phone and check the frequency when you get a alert and visually confirm it is a LEO. It should be:

K-band near 24.125 or 24.150
KA-band near 33.8, 34.7 or 35.5
Post automatically merged:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvoidanceInGA