Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
3395E2E8-1B49-42BF-B6A4-48FD4BFD897E.png

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
There are three parallel threads on this going which is confusing. We need to focus on what this firmware is and not what it isn’t. I think this was primarily to fix issues from the last update. Enhancements and other features will probably be in later updates. The list of what’s in this update is right there for everybody to see. If it’s not listed then it’s not there.

cihkal

Infracting & banning truth loses in the end 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The new laser alert for when things are muted in advanced logic is interesting, and adjustment when you have X/K rear mute on is interesting too!

I wonder what that means!?

Last edited:

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Bloovy One , can you tell us more about that last item: Feature G, is this l and L mode, and how is the logic affected?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I saw someone talking about that.
Rear-mute in Logic and Advanced Logic is a little more responsive or something along those lines.
Maybe quicker ramp up or a little sooner to alert maybe.

It's probably more complicated than just "this or that". It might be a bunch of small differences all at once.

It's gotten to be a little game for me to discover what other minor changes occur in these updates. :)

Last edited:

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Did the update yesterday prior to my 60 mile round trip commute. It was extra quiet so I’m very happy so far. It still alerts to an alarm system out in the middle of nowhere but it’s only one bar now instead of 3 or 4. I believe it’s K24.xxx

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did the update yesterday prior to my 60 mile round trip commute. It was extra quiet so I’m very happy so far. It still alerts to an alarm system out in the middle of nowhere but it’s only one bar now instead of 3 or 4. I believe it’s K24.xxx

I am happy with firmware 4.1023 too. The BSM high bogey count issue seems to have disappeared with update in my limited driving with the new firmware.

I followed a newer Acura MDX with BSM for about 2.5 miles and “hung out” in their blind spot for a while in All-Bogeys mode, and I had just two brief punch throughs with one “brap” each alert and a 1 on the bogey counter each punch through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been running L mode as of today with G activated because I'm curious to see how it will react to K band, if I ever see any again! No BSM's for me again today, but it did give me one brief blip at a K band door opener. Those Dollar General doors are hard for it to resist! @VariableWave and I are getting ready to do some intense K band testing with our V1G2's. He's left his on 4.1019 so we can see the difference between the two firmwares.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As usual, I'm only running 'A', but so far it is the quietest of any of the versions. In 70 miles of driving, I have only had a handful of single K beeps, while my V1G1 has been singing right along! I'm still looking for that Honda Pilot that drive it crazy the last time, but I'm hopeful that it is better!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
As usual, I'm only running 'A', but so far it is the quietest of any of the versions. In 70 miles of driving, I have only had a handful of single K beeps, while my V1G1 has been singing right along! I'm still looking for that Honda Pilot that drive it crazy the last time, but I'm hopeful that it is better!
I'll never be able to stand running L mode for long! I'm an A mode lover as well!

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Seems to be fairly quiet about this release (given the amount of chatter when .21 came out about the problems)... :hmm:

So does .23 have the K functionality of .19 and the Ka improvements of .21??

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Seems to be fairly quiet about this release (given the amount of chatter when .21 came out about the problems)... :hmm:

So does .23 have the K functionality of .19 and the Ka improvements of .21??
I'd say that's a great way to describe 4.1023! One good way to know that 4.1023 is a success is that all is pretty much quiet! If something would have gone wrong this thread would be in flames again! There just isn't anything to bitch and moan about this time! For some reason, complaints always seem to be louder than praise. Now with that being said, if VR can get K band reactivity even close to what Ka band is, you'll be able to hear a pin drop on here!

SAAB9400

Flying low
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been waiting on reviews for 4.1023 as well, still on 4.1019 here. I always choose my updates carefully. You think I update my iPhone without reading the reviews on the latest software? No way. Thats the problem with the one way update, you cannot go back. Choose carefully.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
23 is definitely quieter than the previous 21. However the biggest problem I am having is jeeps- they are really lighting up the signal strength meter on K. This probably happened too with 21. But with jeeps, it’s going full tilt out of mute territory on logic mode. And there’s an effing jeep dealer in the area. Hondas are back to silence.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
My new G2 arrived today with 4.1023 already installed. Took it out for a short spin and it seems very quiet between the actual filtering and the muting I'm doing in V1Driver.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My new G2 arrived today with 4.1023 already installed. Took it out for a short spin and it seems very quiet between the actual filtering and the muting I'm doing in V1Driver.
Welcome to the dark side @NorEaster18 !

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvoidanceInGA