K-band falses, possible MRCD?

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a V1G2 and I have been using it while driving around. I previously, used an R7. A little bit of back story, I live in an urban area (of Chicago) that does utilize MRCD, though I cannot confirm if there are MRCD cameras in my specific route. However, I do know there to be red light and speed cameras (fixed on poles), along my route.

Now, when I had my R7, my detector would go absolutely berserk. There is a stretch of road that I normally use drive on and when I had the R7 it would alert to MRCD constantly. Now the detector said MRCD and my city does use it, but I could never find any posts or vehicles similar to what Radenso (https://radenso.com/blogs/radar-university/what-is-mrcd-multaradar-cd) has on their website.

Now that I have my V1G2 paired with JBV1 I get similar alerts on my route, only this time they’re all K band and before you ask, yes, I have set my RD to Adv Logic and K verifier; it still alerts quite a bit. Fortunately, it shows the frequency of all the K-band alerts. As you can see, I had about 69 separate alerts just from today! I don’t count the Ka since those were confirmed threats.

Looking at the histogram the signals range from 24.08-24.22 GHz, with an overwhelming amount alerting to 24.08 and 24.14, those were about 12 and 18 separate alerts, respectively.

I understand the basic concept of MRCD. It’s a means of speed enforcement using low power frequency modulated signal. Is this what I am seeing on my V1? I am sure that quite a few of these signals could be automatic door openers since I pass a few gas stations and shopping centers as well. Anyone that drives around in Chicago (or another MRCD state) have similar observations? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Total_alerts.png
    Total_alerts.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Histogram1.png
    Histogram1.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Histogram2.png
    Histogram2.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20201215-162315.png
    Screenshot_20201215-162315.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20201215-162325.png
    Screenshot_20201215-162325.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20201215-162337.png
    Screenshot_20201215-162337.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20201215-162345.png
    Screenshot_20201215-162345.png
    90 KB · Views: 30

cihkal

Infracting & banning truth loses in the end 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a V1G2 and I have been using it while driving around. I previously, used an R7. A little bit of back story, I live in an urban area (of Chicago) that does utilize MRCD, though I cannot confirm if there are MRCD cameras in my specific route. However, I do know there to be red light and speed cameras (fixed on poles), along my route.

Now, when I had my R7, my detector would go absolutely berserk. There is a stretch of road that I normally use drive on and when I had the R7 it would alert to MRCD constantly. Now the detector said MRCD and my city does use it, but I could never find any posts or vehicles similar to what Radenso (https://radenso.com/blogs/radar-university/what-is-mrcd-multaradar-cd) has on their website.

Now that I have my V1G2 paired with JBV1 I get similar alerts on my route, only this time they’re all K band and before you ask, yes, I have set my RD to Adv Logic and K verifier; it still alerts quite a bit. Fortunately, it shows the frequency of all the K-band alerts. As you can see, I had about 69 separate alerts just from today! I don’t count the Ka since those were confirmed threats.

Looking at the histogram the signals range from 24.08-24.22 GHz, with an overwhelming amount alerting to 24.08 and 24.14, those were about 12 and 18 separate alerts, respectively.

I understand the basic concept of MRCD. It’s a means of speed enforcement using low power frequency modulated signal. Is this what I am seeing on my V1? I am sure that quite a few of these signals could be automatic door openers since I pass a few gas stations and shopping centers as well. Anyone that drives around in Chicago (or another MRCD state) have similar observations? Thoughts?
Chicago as far as I know really only uses MRCT. These are the tall, white pole cameras.

They also have various red light cameras as well, but I have not found any mobile MRCD. For unidens, all such threats are reported as MRCD for the sake of simplicity.

For the speed cameras I've pretty much only seen them come in at the 24.08X range, that's one of the frequency channels of the camera.

For some of the RLCs, I see 24.112ish and 24.108ish, I think.

Happy to drive through a general area and see what I see since I live in Chicago as well.

if you have a video that would be helpful too, about as far as I can take it with the guesses!

Edit: I forgot to mention I drive in advance logic with no apps typically. In advanced logic the speed cameras are still being for the most part hidden from view, since Valentine hasn't specifically put out an update for such threats. The RLC's will typically come through as a steady alert, on FW 4.1021.

Another tricky part is these darn things are on schedule sometimes, makes testing spotty at times!

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I didn't want to post this before a few others had a chance to respond to the greater topic here. @CannonBaller2, if you haven't tried CSA and speed/redlight camera alerts in JBV1, you should really look into those options. ;)

The data use features are really valuable!

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
My mistake, I use MRCD and MRCT synonymously.

Happy to drive through a general area and see what I see since I live in Chicago as well.

if you have a video that would be helpful too, about as far as I can take it with the guesses!

Unfortunately, I do not have a dash camera, yet, plan to get one at some point. You can PM me if you want and I can give you more route details on where I am seeing these alerts.

Another tricky part is these darn things are on schedule sometimes, makes testing spotty at times!

So you’re saying these devices are not always working 24/7 but rather a specified schedule?

I didn't want to post this before a few others had a chance to respond to the greater topic here. @CannonBaller2, if you haven't tried CSA and speed/redlight camera alerts in JBV1, you should really look into those options

Yea, I use CSA and have downloaded the RLC and Speed Cam database. It’s an interesting feature, but I haven’t used it long enough to give a solid opinion on its usefulness yet.

biolink

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looked on Google and see that Redflex is used in Chicago area. By any chance do the devices look like this? My V1 picks up the little radar on top at 24.096, 24.083 range. R1 picked up a speed sign at 24.108. If so, sounds like one of the MRCD/MRCT to me.

Attachments

• Radar.png
    Radar.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201215_161646.jpg
    20201215_161646.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 26

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like MRCx for sure.
The cams around me emmit a strong 24.082 along with 2 other freq not as strong. I use JBV1 to automatically turn off K-verifier around the cams because they are not always on (on a schedule) - and the G2 can pick up that 24.082 quite a ways out!!
This is where detection gives me a leg up over a simple GPS warning.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you using Profile Overrides for that purpose? (I assume you are.)
That's a great use of the feature!

biolink

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like MRCx for sure.
The cams around me emmit a strong 24.082 along with 2 other freq not as strong. I use JBV1 to automatically turn off K-verifier around the cams because they are not always on (on a schedule) - and the G2 can pick up that 24.082 quite a ways out!!
This is where detection gives me a leg up over a simple GPS warning.

Sounds like a great use of that feature indeed. Now I'm curious to see what happens with K Verifier off near the PV camera jungle.

Mystic330

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes!!!! Awesome feature! (Awesome app!)
I simply draw a circle around the cam sites with my finger and set an override profile to turn off Kv, then when i exit the circle, it goes back to normal profile with Kv back on.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I simply draw a circle around the cam sites with my finger and set an override profile to turn off Kv, then when i exit the circle, it goes back to normal profile with Kv back on.
Kv?? Do you mean just K?

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I’m sorry I’m a little confused. Why would you turn K verify OFF when passing areas with cameras? I thought the point of K verify was to filter False k band signals. Won’t turning Kv off make your RD noisier?
Post automatically merged:

Looked on Google and see that Redflex is used in Chicago area. By any chance do the devices look like this? My V1 picks up the little radar on top at 24.096, 24.083 range. R1 picked up a speed sign at 24.108. If so, sounds like one of the MRCD/MRCT to me.

It doesn’t quite look like that picture.

More like the one I just attached.

Attachments

• 103BB0EF-DE14-454C-A021-85EB0C77EEC3.jpeg
    103BB0EF-DE14-454C-A021-85EB0C77EEC3.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Off Topic: Any moderators out there, whats the hold up with my post? I have had my post pending since this morning. Anything I need to do to have it pushed through

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49