RX sensor placement asstance for front and rear of SUV. (without TX sensors)

matt8119

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I preparing to install the front and rear RX sensors for my 5 sensor package. I dont need TX sensors as im located in central Italy (florence to be exact). The municipal and state police do not use Dragon eye speed enforcement. yet. i have a 2018 lexus NX300h and im installing three RX sensors in the front and two RX sensors in the rear.

I have reviewed the threads here and many other forums across the internet, that show great examples of already installed ALP systems that have given me a rough idea of where i should place my sensors. now that i have drawn up some ideas based on photos i have found across the inter-web, im in need of some experienced recommendations if what i think would be good placement would be.

for the front of my vehicle, its quite large and alot of space to cover. there is no chrome, luckily that i have to deal with. my front grill has a lot of real estate i can work with, but my issue is that with most european countries, the front license plate is mandatory.

ive inluded an image of my make and model of vehicle, showing where i think the front three sensors might work best.
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.00.50 PM.png

For the rear, i dont have much room to work with. i dont want to attach the two lasers to the handle above the license plat because the trunk button, rear camera would be blocked, and it looks strange and might be obvious with a long black piece of plastic in a conspicuous place. luckily the license plate is quite wide. 20.8" to be exact. so i thought that having a custom 3d printed license plate made with two RX sensors slots on the top left and right corners would allow for ample space and not having them spaced too far apart form each other.
15-BB-lexus-nx-300-h-cul.jpg

in italy Laser jammers and Radar detectors are extremely illegal. for example, they will confiscate your vehicle for 30 days, remove your laser jammer/radar detector and then slap you with a 5,000-8,000 euro fine. is is around 10,000 dollars. its not pretty...

All constructive criticism is welcome.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The placement looks pretty good to me. It's possible that the 2 outer Rx in the front may be better if they come up just a skosh. Testing is always recommended in every case if you can get it. Make sure the sensors are aimed straight ahead or behind and level. That advice may change a bit if you face poly-scan from off to the side regularly where you may need to toe a sensor out.

If you want to stealth the install and hide the sensors, look at getting some perspex and putting that in front of them. I've seen some great stealth installs where you'd never even know.

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd agee the placements shown should be fine, the front outer heads might be good another inch upward if there isn't anything there that would prevent them being mounted. I'd expect this install to work ok even on dragoneye guns should you ever encounter them.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docb1970