V1 Connection Android issues

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just purchased the V1G2 along with a dedicated Android device. Here is my setup:
  • V1G2 connected via power cable (no dongle) to cigarette lighter plug
  • LG Solo LTE (running android 8.1)
When I try pairing my phone to the V1G2 Via the V1 Connection app, it just doesn't pair. There isn't an error or anything, It just never connects. The Bluetooth icon never lights up. When I try searching for the device on my Bluetooth settings it shows up but it won't allow me to pair.

I tried doing a sanity check with my iOS device to see if it connects to the V1 that way and it works just fine. That being said my Android device's Bluetooth works from what I can tell, at least for wireless speakers and headphones and work just fine. I am not sure what the problem is.

Any suggestions?
Is the V1 compatible with Android 8.1?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Don’t “pair” it.
The app will connect on the fly.
If you did pair it, remove the pairing.

CannonBaller2

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Don’t “pair” it.
The app will connect on the fly.
If you did pair it, remove the pairing.
Well it never paired, when I startup V1C and it searches for devices, the V1 never shows up.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Clear B/T cache. Start JBV1 and V1 at the same time. See how that goes.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just purchased the V1G2 along with a dedicated Android device. Here is my setup:
  • V1G2 connected via power cable (no dongle) to cigarette lighter plug
  • LG Solo LTE (running android 8.1)
When I try pairing my phone to the V1G2 Via the V1 Connection app, it just doesn't pair. There isn't an error or anything, It just never connects. The Bluetooth icon never lights up. When I try searching for the device on my Bluetooth settings it shows up but it won't allow me to pair.

I tried doing a sanity check with my iOS device to see if it connects to the V1 that way and it works just fine. That being said my Android device's Bluetooth works from what I can tell, at least for wireless speakers and headphones and work just fine. I am not sure what the problem is.

Any suggestions?
Is the V1 compatible with Android 8.1?
Are you sure the iOS Device didn’t grab it again. Make sure blue Bluetooth light is out on the V1 before trying the Android device.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvoidanceInGA