NZ Newbie — DFR7 NZ

Daneger

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just popping by to say hi!

Recently picked up the DFR7 in NZ and found this forum super helpful with the setup, thank you for being part of sharing so much knowledge here.

Even after changing some of the settings I'm still getting a load of K falses driving past any bloody commercial building with an electric door though, so perhaps that's something I need to figure out before I run out of mute memories.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just popping by to say hi!

Recently picked up the DFR7 in NZ and found this forum super helpful with the setup, thank you for being part of sharing so much knowledge here.

Even after changing some of the settings I'm still getting a load of K falses driving past any bloody commercial building with an electric door though, so perhaps that's something I need to figure out before I run out of mute memories.
You will want to set-up quiet ride so that K band signals under a set speed are muted. Also if you have the NZ version, make sure to set to K1.

Unfortunately, in my experience at least, even the best and most expensive detectors will alert to most door openers etc.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome on board.

Daneger

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You will want to set-up quiet ride so that K band signals under a set speed are muted. Also if you have the NZ version, make sure to set to K1.

Unfortunately, in my experience at least, even the best and most expensive detectors will alert to most door openers etc.

A little bit sad to hear that's the case, but quiet ride should fix some of that anyway for sure. At least with the DFR7 I can mute & mute memory, 4 or 5 years back I had an older Uniden model without that option and it was painful... but had great ROI for road trips anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the welcome all, stoked to see such a friendly community here

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, lots of folks from your area around here!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John RD