SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
ModSec
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sounds like I/O K band reactivity is still an issue. Darn.
My understanding is this is supposed to be more of a hotfix than a full update. They didn't really have enough time for that.

Hopefully someone tests Ka band reactivity to make sure this hotfix didn't introduce a regression when they switched back to the previous filtering method.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I will say, Valentine Research is very responsive. I really didn’t expect another firmware update so soon or before Christmas.

Hopefully all is well and fixed on the high bogey count vs some BSM systems and improvements to the BSM filtering which appears to be the case.

Down the road, hopefully they can work on K-band reactivity while still keeping the very good BSM filtering. I will download the new firmware later today and test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My understanding is this is supposed to be more of a hotfix than a full update. They didn't really have enough time for that.

Hopefully someone tests Ka band reactivity to make sure this hotfix didn't introduce a regression when they switched back to the previous filtering method.
I'm with you! The Ka ramp is perfect on 4.1021, hope it still is!

cihkal

Infracting & banning truth loses in the end 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

It's getting hot in here!

Looks like a I got a new FW to test on the way home, in K band fantasy land 🐸

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score

The reactivity and ramp on Ka is unchanged.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm in,update complete. On my note 10+ it said "update failed" after it completed....however, after hitting the back button on my phone it said "update successful" Ready for some road testing...

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'll wait for someone independent who also tests to confirm :)

Trust but verify 😉
On my bench testing, there is no change that I can see to Ka. As good as ever! Ramp, IO, QT, POP etc.
Not that sensitivity is calibrated that well without a chamber, but consistently 6+dB more sensitive than my 12 year old V1G1. That means about twice the straight line detection range.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
It was so quiet on my 30 min drive just now - no BSM alerts. I actually pulled out the bushnell at home to make sure it was still alive and working. Wow. Back to normal. :mmmsmug:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I upgraded mine right in the parking lot at work as soon as I got off! Upgrade went as smooth as silk! BTW, don't worry about the Ka ramp! On my way home a State Trooper pulled out of a parking lot and as soon as he squared up with me he popped me with 34.712! He was no more than 200 feet away! The ramp was perfect for a point blank shot. It pegged the meter instantly with only 1 bogey and then he switched antennas and the rear one was showing 34.731, so both front and rear check out great after 4.1023 against the closest I/O shot I've ever seen! No BSM's on my way home either, but that's not unusual for me even with 4.1021.

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sounds like 23 is a Ka magnet
That's what I was thinking! You know how it usually works! I was planning on breaking out my Genesis 2 and blasting some Q/T / I/O shots as soon as I got home but since I got it straight from the horses mouth already I'm all good with 4.1023, at least on Ka band. We'll see how everyone feels about K band in the next few days.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tishkyyyd4