When is the next VR firmware update?

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We just got a VR update a few days ago. Next one probably won't be until January.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We just got a VR update a few days ago. Next one probably won't be until January.

That was the Nov update, right? Just checking to make sure I have the most recent one.

RayC

Driving
Beginner User
Reaction score
Advanced Logic just reduces the number of times a user will experience the issue, but it can still be present using Advanced Logic.

Me, personally, I don't use Advanced Logic anywhere for good reason.

Yes, advanced logic mode makes it quiet (or did as I was on an older firmware) but I also had some pretty super short alerts using it. I don't think it's a viable mode to use for K threats unless you're in a pretty flat terrain without trees or buildings around or you just don't have any K threats in your driving radius. Could just have been my unit was weak on that mode though.

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I think it will be this month on a Friday just saying before new year sooner than later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It’s a firmware thiea is dealing with more than a firmware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

28 days ago.....just a bit more than 'a few'.

I am hoping the release comes out soon! If it does not come out by at least the middle of next week I doubt we will see it before the new year due to the Holidays and companies shutting down and/or having time off.

The update might be ready but they might not want to release it so close to a Holiday in case there are issues that need to be addressed quickly as they might not have staff to take care of it with the Holidays as well.

They released firmware with an issue once, I can see them wanting to take their time to make sure it does not happen again.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Exiting the freeway yesterday and received a Ka hit with multiple bogeys (5) then a few seconds later a “J” displayed. That’s due to a cheap RD in a nearby car correct?

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Could be. What was the frequency?

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Could be. What was the frequency?
Couldn’t tell you. Running naked (V1 not me).

First time seeing it though. If it happens again I’ll launch V1 Driver and keep an eye out for the frequency.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Couldn’t tell you. Running naked (V1 not me).

First time seeing it though. If it happens again I’ll launch V1 Driver and keep an eye out for the frequency.
Happened to me near St. Louis on 33.8 after driving through IA who use 33.8. Scared the bejeesus out of me and I dropped anchor......then the G2 was like........"Oh, My bad! Just ignore that." LOL.

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Next software update soon, probably. The next hardware update? I've been hinted the screen, but don't have any other information on it's design.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Happened to me near St. Louis on 33.8 after driving through IA who use 33.8. Scared the bejeesus out of me and I dropped anchor......then the G2 was like........"Oh, My bad! Just ignore that." LOL.
🤣 Same thing here too. Was scared looking for the LEO and several seconds I got the “J” notification. Wanted to slap the V1 but damn she’s so beautiful and couldn’t do it.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am also getting 33.8 false alerts at times. I know it's not a LEO because 33.8 is not used in my area. Sometimes it gets J'ed out but most of the it doesn't.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Cobra detectors do this regularly. Those are typically found around 33.8. There are now some J-out alerts in 34.7 and 35.5 too.
I've been seeing some semis broadcasting 35.7xx more lately.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
A reliable fix will take 5 separate steps:

First, they have to identify/diagnose the problem(s).
Second, they have to postulate a fix(es).
Third, they have to write the code to fix the postulated problem(s).
Fourth, they have to test the new code. (This takes time and usually leads to tweaking the code based upon results of testing and a repeat of this step. Often, more than once).
Fifth, they have to verify that they have not created any new problems. (Releasing a fix after an upgrade went south, will make Mike V really take his time with this step)

So, IMHO, ..........5 more minutes. :)

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
February 14.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members