When is the next VR firmware update?

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Anyone know approx when we can expect a firmware update to address the BSM issues?

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
when it's ready

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Would you rather hear "Soon", "2 Weeks" or "2020"? :razz:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
haha, I've kinda given up waiting on the next VR update, on Theia, on RL360c 1.5, and everything else. I feel like Covid has basically dropkicked so many timelines... :p I'm excited for all those updates, but at this point, it feels like stuff'll come out whenever it comes out.

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yikes. Alright, I guess I won’t hold my breath. I thought I had seen a few weeks back someone post that VR was aware of the issues and was actively working on it, so that’s why I figured it was OK to ask about it.

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yikes. Alright, I guess I won’t hold my breath. I thought I had seen a few weeks back someone post that VR was aware of the issues and was actively working on it, so that’s why I figured it was OK to ask about it.
We're all just joking around. A lot of them are inside jokes. Sorry! Haha.

VR is aware and working on it but there's really no use asking for a time frame until they release one themselves.

cihkal

Infracting & banning truth loses in the end 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm sure Mike Valentine is hard at work in his basement...coding the update. Just 2 more weeks....
Right!?

Sounds like a 2020 release to me for the G2 😉🤞

They're not perfect, but seem to keep things moving in 2020!!!

@Vortex you forgot to mention the R7 autolockouts; one of the biggest items. "Soon" has lost any meaning. Covid didn't stop this one 👍

Last edited:

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
haha, I've kinda given up waiting on the next VR update, on Theia, on RL360c 1.5, and everything else. I feel like Covid has basically dropkicked so many timelines... :p I'm excited for all those updates, but at this point, it feels like stuff'll come out whenever it comes out.
This! With Covid, I too feel all bets are off. Its been a ruthless year and anything we do get is just a bonus. Here's to a better '21.

-Mark

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Definitely before Theia and the Uniden R7 Auto Lockouts fw.

Unlike the above mentioned, VR has a track record of being a reliable, trustworthy company who’s upfront with their customers.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We're all just joking around. A lot of them are inside jokes. Sorry! Haha.

VR is aware and working on it but there's really no use asking for a time frame until they release one themselves.
Sounds like when my kids were young and on road trips..."When are we going to get there?" ....20 minutes was always the answer no matter how many miles were left. Pretty soon they knew the answer and stopped asking.

Is the forum as smart as my kids were? ;)

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
You know what is funny is every time someone asks this question within days there is an update.JMHO

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
36C1FE9B-4A94-4F97-9079-9616B14EC950.jpeg
EA03746E-9F2B-4E41-9BFD-21DF5AC143C2.png

Don’t hold your breath
Your Christmas gift and Christmas tree is the bogey counter at 8-9 because a Pacifica or Honda is lighting it up.

Also if you use V1 driver (not sure about jbv1) and your car falses then be prepared to probably reset it since your entire route is covered with falses and after driving all this time it may actually lock something valid out of K band used in your area.

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the upcoming release of Theia will affect companies like VR’s responsiveness to customer concerns. Hopefully it makes the whole industry more competitive.

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
VR is actually quite responsive to issues and has excellent customer service IMO. Early on a few of us testers found bugs and sent VR a lot of data. With every firmware update they knock a few more of them off the list. They've also taken good care of everybody that's actually had issues where they need to send in their detector.

I imagine any perceived lack of responsiveness is due to the fixes for some bugs being complex. VR is in Ohio also and as we've seen with Radenso and many other companies, Covid-19 has really put a damper on things.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Also, we should remember that RDF people are more likely to experience and report changes in behavior than the average customer.
I'd guess that many V1 customers aren't even up to date on v4.1021, some might not even be on v4.1019 yet.

This also doesn't affect all users the same. Only some people here are experiencing the frustration associated with BSM filter changes in v4.1021.

My SWAG on this might be 3-4% of VR's customer base is experiencing issues. (I'll bet it's actually lower than that) A large sub-percentage of that 3-4% might not realize exactly what's going on or even be sure there's a change.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tishkyyyd4