V1 Perm Mount on Ebay...experience?

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There were a few people mentioning this earlier in the V1 forum and it's exactly as describe. I'm picking one up once the suction cups fail.

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
I bought one from that seller. I ended up using gorilla tape. The tape it came with it started coming off the windshield when it was in the 20's overnight.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have had one that I have been using with my G2 for almost 9 months now and I really like it. I bought because I wanted it mounted at the top of my windshield and the suction cups wouldn't stick to the surface (dots on the glass near the rear view mirror).

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Some have problems with the rake of your windshield not matching up correctly. I bought one previously for my G1 and couldnt get the mount to level out. I ended up tightening up the screws with a wedge (washer) to even it out. I traded cars and bought another one - havent installed yet but thinking that maybe I shouldnt tighten it up all the way so the V1(G2) can "float" a bit like the suction cups allow it to do. Havent had time to mess with it though.

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
888C6DF4-3CD0-4813-B778-6756061076A5.jpeg

I’ve had one for several months and like it. The blendmount blocked to much vision in my car. This keeps it up out of the way. Like others have said I did add Gorilla tape to it.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have two, one in my car and one in my wife’s car. In both I use dual lock so I can easily remove it and put it back. In my case I do it so that I can swap detectors easily and have permanent mounts for each. The tape that comes with it is VHB which is normally very strong but I removed it to use my preference before trying it. Also, we each have tinted windshields and the dual lock is easier to remove from the film if needed.

Col4bin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sounds like its worth the 13 bucks! Thank you. trying to fix the same issue with suction cup failure on the dots up high on the windshield.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I bought 2 of them and they just won't work in my Mustangs due to the angle. I can however use a strip of the good Velcro [dual locks] and stick it where the 2 sided tape was and mate it to another strip on the windshield. Even though it's still solid, the Velcro has enough give so that you can get the level that you want. As soon as I get at least one more V1G2 however, I'm going to get another mount from Shapeways that was designed by @OBeerWANKenobi called the OB Grip. I have one now and I love it, but I don't want to keep moving it over and over from car to car. It's perfect in the Boss 302 and my other 2 drive to work Mustangs as well! One is a '99, the other an '04. They both use the same type of windshield.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyz3