Post update to 133: Total loss of audio

jws360

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I updated my R7 to 133, the latest firmware update a few days ago. Began to get suspicious when I heard next to nothing out of it, but then again I did not drive much over the Thanksgiving break. After passing a cop with 34.721 Ka making the screen go nuts, but no sound I reviewed all settings. Sound is on, Quiet ride under 30 and no Ka filter. Tried turning on the self test and still no sound.

I will try to reinstall the update, but with a Mac it is very fussy and to be blunt, a pain in the butt. Valentine does updates waaaay easier.

Anyone have similar issues? I'll try a few more things, but it may end up having to go back to Uniden. Sigh.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I updated my R7 to 133, the latest firmware update a few days ago. Began to get suspicious when I heard next to nothing out of it, but then again I did not drive much over the Thanksgiving break. After passing a cop with 34.721 Ka making the screen go nuts, but no sound I reviewed all settings. Sound is on, Quiet ride under 30 and no Ka filter. Tried turning on the self test and still no sound.

I will try to reinstall the update, but with a Mac it is very fussy and to be blunt, a pain in the butt. Valentine does updates waaaay easier.

Anyone have similar issues? I'll try a few more things, but it may end up having to go back to Uniden. Sigh.
Make sure you check the "recovery mode" box when you re-install.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Recovery mode makes sure it rewrites the entirety of the FW, not just the part that has been updated. If something went wrong with your last install, better safe than sorry. I actually check it every time I update.

jws360

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Recovery mode makes sure it rewrites the entirety of the FW, not just the part that has been updated. If something went wrong with your last install, better safe than sorry. I actually check it every time I update.
Thanks again. I did not understand this and do not think I used it on previous updates. Re-trying will have to wait until my wife lets me use her computer this evening. We have only Macs and hers was not upgraded to the newest "Big Sur" OS.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks to Brainstorm69 a complete re-load and "Recovery Mode" appears to have worked. Sound restored. This bird is indeed helpful! Hopefully this post will help someone else should the need arise.

Last edited:

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks to Brainstorm69 a complete re-load and "Recovery Mode" appears to have worked. Sound restored.
Yeah, Brian's a pretty good guy. But, just wait till you get his bill.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks to Brainstorm69 a complete re-load and "Recovery Mode" appears to have worked. Sound restored. This bird is indeed helpful! Hopefully this post will help someone else should the need arise.
Glad to hear your problem has been fixed. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pvivier777