Alp GPS antenna questions

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hey all few questions regarding the ALP GPS antenna it has a magnet build in is it best to mouth it on a small piece of steel to act as a ground plane ? Or it the magnet more for to help toward it sticking to metal in certain installs
Btw way it's being mounted on a motorbike allso do you get a visual indication that its receiving the signal I having power it the installation yet quick difficult installation in general an alp system is so hopefully I can learn here

System

PSL ÷ 2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The magnet is magnetic only, no ground needed. You can hide it under something on your bike and still be fine - I always install the antenna under the dash

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
O right thanks for the reply I was going to mouth just over the brake light under the plastic tail it have a clear view to the sky
Not having much luck with advice in general on motorbike installs plus finding it hard to work this forum new to all this really but I'm trying my best

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
O right thanks for the reply I was going to mouth just over the brake light under the plastic tail it have a clear view to the sky
Not having much luck with advice in general on motorbike installs plus finding it hard to work this forum new to all this really but I'm trying my best
I'm going to install on my bike next season.
I believe there is nowhere on the bike you could put it that would kill reception other than under seat, in a metal housing etc.
Mount it where most pleasing and use your LED light to indicate what the status is.
My biggest worry is weather proofing the controls and cpu.
I am considering the motorcycle TPX as well because of this.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have the great spot at the tail end of the bike 😊 should work out nice.What sort of bike have you got I never had a problem with water as I have the cpu in a plastic bag under the seat plus I dont ride in wet weather I've had jammers on a few different bikes over 20 years never had an issue with water
Dont have much faith in the tpx unit myself but each to there own

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have the great spot at the tail end of the bike 😊 should work out nice.What sort of bike have you got I never had a problem with water as I have the cpu in a plastic bag under the seat plus I dont ride in wet weather I've had jammers on a few different bikes over 20 years never had an issue with water
Dont have much faith in the tpx unit myself but each to there own
I've seen some great results here from some members using TPX.
If I can use ALP and keep it safe then I would prefer it.
Perhaps I can make a way to hold and protect it in my saddlebags.
2013 V Star 950T
20190613_193212.jpg

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sum great waterproof bags on Amazon that work great I've one on order for my alp still in the process of installing it kind get conficking information on head set ups so far but all information is good
Looks like you mouth jammer heads a tad easyer on your ride than mind

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've seen some great results here from some members using TPX.
If I can use ALP and keep it safe then I would prefer it.
Perhaps I can make a way to hold and protect it in my saddlebags.
2013 V Star 950T
View attachment 166154
Due to worldwide and personal economic messes my FJR 1300 ES purchase keeps getting put off.
Post automatically merged:

Sum great waterproof bags on Amazon that work great I've one on order for my alp still in the process of installing it kind get conficking information on head set ups so far but all information is good
Looks like you mouth jammer heads a tad easyer on your ride than mind
I got lots of mounting hardware, but still is tricky on any bike.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Kawasaki H2 is the worst had few other bikes over the years but beween space and the design my latest bike is a disaster 🙈

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Kawasaki H2 is the worst had few other bikes over the years but beween space and the design my latest bike is a disaster 🙈
I can't imagine any full size bike hyperbike having much in the way of unnecessary surfaces or attachments making stuff like CMs easy mounting.
Make sure you use some 400 kph rated glue. LOL.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
😁 first thing I orders then the alp 😉 well I have the regular head mouthed on the back still up in the air about a Tx.from what I see around here not seeing dragon eye in use but was going to run a TX up front as the bike is strips down as it's got a new full exhaust system installed so now the time to run cables etc at this stage

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Localmauythai