K Band, K Locked Out, No Unmute

r3MI

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have a Good-Will store locked out on K band.

So I was coming into town North of the store with a LEO behind running K band wide open, The R7 blowing up.

As we approach the God-Will store the R7 went into Auto Mute and we passed the store and the spot it should have Unmute,Nothing the R7 stayed muted over two miles past the God-will store, LEO still behind me K Band Blasting, Bogey never showed more than 1 K Band Source.

If this was a LEO coming the other way I wonder if the R7 would have ever unmuted or showed a 2nd Bogey.

Has anyone on here took a K Band to a Mute Memory Location and tried the Bogey Counter or run a test on the R7 to see if it will alert correctly ?

RedThread

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My R7 is FW 133
IME, my K band auto muting is frequency specific. Was the police band the same as the muted location?
When i "auto-mute" a location I have to mute more than one frequency; one mute for each different door freq.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is the way Uniden does it's lockouts.
Instead of just a set radius of lockout area from where you lock out from, it mute memories that location and holds onto the mute for as long as you receive the signal.
Until the false of memorized frequency drops off it stays muted.
It would be helpful to have a time out or distance limit available on lockouts for your circumstances of having LEO and lockout source at same approximate frequency.

r3MI

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
This is the way Uniden does it's lockouts.
Instead of just a set radius of lockout area from where you lock out from, it mute memories that location and holds onto the mute for as long as you receive the signal.
Until the false of memorized frequency drops off it stays muted.
It would be helpful to have a time out or distance limit available on lockouts for your circumstances of having LEO and lockout source at same approximate frequency.
This has to be the Case 100%, The arrows jumped around as we passed the God-Will and then back to Rear,
It never Un-muted for over 2 Miles than He Turned off a side road.

The unit also never showed another count on the Bogey.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwr