Greetings! Newbie from TX. Discovered this forum too late, installed the new K40 Platinum 360 recently and looking for information..

Easygoinal

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Texas! I wished I would have discovered this forum sooner as I recently had a reputable installer installed the latest K40 Platinum 360 with their integrated Defuser Optix. After reading multiple threads in this forum, I realized that I had made a mistake by going with anything K40.

To be honest, I've owned two custom installed K40 systems for the past six years (without the laser defuser) and both units saved me on multiple occasions. It could be that I don't drive much (~5K miles per year). Regardless, I just assumed that K40 is an excellent brand and no dealer has talked me out of it (now I know why). I've been kicking myself for the past couple of hours after learning that K40 products are inferior in every possible way.

Since I've already spent my hard earned dollars on this system, my only hope is that the new K40 Platinum 360 would be an improvement over the previous models (not holding my breath). I can't seem to find any objective reviews on the Internet. Does anyone have any experience with the new Platinum 360?

Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Al

P.S. I wished I would have found this forum two weeks ago.........sigh.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First, welcome to RDF! K40 isn't all bad, they make excellent CB antennas... I can't tell you anything about the Platinum but I can tell you that the new V1 is an amazing directional RD. And Theia is right around the corner. You're not afraid to trade a buck so I think you'll end up with some good CM results from what you learn at RDF.

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Al. Don't sweat it - we can all think of things we've bought that in retrospect, we wish we would have made a different decision. Not much that we can do except learn and move forward.

Hope you enjoy your journey here on the forum. A lot of good people and information to help you.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Easygoinal

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind words.

I will continue to read and leverage this forum for additional knowledge. That being said, I won’t be able to swap out my K40 equipment for now. Need to save up some money before I can do that.

Would be eager to learn more about the K40 Platinum 360 system though. My hope is that at some point, K40 would have to come out with something that’s respectable. Even with the best marketing schemes, if you produce an inferior product at outrageous prices, it’s not a business that’s sustainable. Perhaps the Platinum 360 is the turning point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

MurrayB

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of info about many products and points of view here. Take your time and do your research you will learn to digest the data.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cajuncwby30