Chicago Tribune - Buying Guide for Best Radar Detectors 2020

Icantdrive55

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Photo in their story. Yup...that’s a Bushnell.

Attachments

• DB3F2D27-A574-4F0D-898D-501317D638CA.png
    DB3F2D27-A574-4F0D-898D-501317D638CA.png
    3 MB · Views: 25

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am shocked that the esteemed members of this forum continue to fail to grasp WHY the targeting of any andvanced Cobra radar detector is appropriately SKYWARD.

You should all know by now that radar is limited to line of sight and to detect at beyond line of sight distances we need Cobra's exclusive and patented satellite sensing technology or SST.

So the Cobra depicted on the Chicago Tribune's article is actually properly and precisely targeted (as it should be) to communicate with one of Cobra's geosynchronous radar detector satellites. As you will also note, the detector appears to flop around on the windshield while the vehicle is moving but that is actually small gyro motors inside keeping the detector in perfect alignment with the satellites as you roll over bumps and potholes in the road.

1607396418204.png

Randenso only wishes they had this tech.

Last edited:

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
It is just copied from “BestReviews.com”. They just find a product topic, find the products that are always in stock and make money off the Amazon affiliate links. Nothing new.
I'm so sick of those. I'm to the point I wont read any review that has an Amazon link in it. but its getting really hard to find legitimate reviews these days.
Post automatically merged:

Reposting this junk only makes them money by giving them credibility with links from this site. I don't understand why people don't realize this yet and they keep posting links to these junk articles only designed to put cookies on your computers and then make referral money when users buy anything on Amazon.
is there a way to block them from putting cookies on your computer?

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

Not really unless you blocked all cookies but than most sites would not work properly. You could clear your cookies when you exit your browser remove the cookies these sites put on your computer.

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Seeing nonsense like that makes me wonder how untrustworthy other comparisons and "best of" guides are for other topics I'm trying to research...
Agreed, then when you know an area and you know they report complete nonsense you realize Trump was right... Fake news is all over.

Shoe08057

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sort of:

1. Stop using Google - use Duck Duck Go as your search engine
2. Stop using the Chrome browser
3. Use Private mode browsing (inPrivate, Incognito)
4. When you're done close your browser completely, don't just close the tab
5. On your phone don't use the default search engine or widget, download the DuckDuckGo app

The above steps will considerably slow down the preference based browsing ads

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sort of:

1. Stop using Google - use Duck Duck Go as your search engine
2. Stop using the Chrome browser
3. Use Private mode browsing (inPrivate, Incognito)
4. When you're done close your browser completely, don't just close the tab
5. On your phone don't use the default search engine or widget, download the DuckDuckGo app

The above steps will considerably slow down the preference based browsing ads
I already started using DuckDuckGo instead of Google. I don't use chrome, I use firefox but I don't know if thats still a good one or not. I did just update my provacy settings to clear all cookies when I close firefox. and I do have the tracking protection set to block everything.

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am shocked that the esteemed members of this forum continue to fail to grasp WHY the targeting of any andvanced Cobra radar detector is appropriately SKYWARD.

You should all know by now that radar is limited to line of sight and to detect at beyond line of sight distances we need Cobra's exclusive and patented satellite sensing technology or SST.

So the Cobra depicted on the Chicago Tribune's article is actually properly and precisely targeted (as it should be) to communicate with one of Cobra's geosynchronous radar detector satellites. As you will also note, the detector appears to flop around on the windshield while the vehicle is moving but that is actually small gyro motors inside keeping the detector in perfect alignment with the satellites as you roll over bumps and potholes in the road.

View attachment 166868

Randenso only wishes they had this tech.
Haven't you heard? RF bounces off of the ionosphere! They are preparing for the HF radar clothes line. It dries your laundry while picking up speeders in Hawaii!
Post automatically merged:

Haven't you heard? RF bounces off of the ionosphere! They are preparing for the HF radar clothes line. It dries your laundry while picking up speeders in Hawaii!
Sorry too much scotch....should have been purple...going to bed....

factoryguy

chasing rabbits
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
So stupid it hurts my brain to read it. Note the affiliate links to Amazon. Yes, most of the rest of the internet reviews on products on also crap and biased.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frjohn