Laser Jammer Purchase?

HarsherFlyGo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any sites that offer a lease-to-own, or multiple split-payment program for ALP or TMG?

Just curious. I would like to get my hands on some sooner rather than later.

It's gonna be much later if I have to pay flat out.

Thanks.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any sites that offer a lease-to-own, or multiple split-payment program for ALP or TMG?

Thanks.
I've never heard of anything other than buying outright. If new is just too much right now, I would suggest buying a used set. Many of us had to wait until we could swing that kind of money, because, they aren't cheap. I waited 3 years before I bought mine.
I know that's not what you want to hear. Good luck.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Thanks.
Buy from BestRadarDetectors.net and pay with Paypal Credit.

FastKatt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I bought mine on a creditcard, just before I did a transfer to a card with 0% for 18 months

Sent from my MotoZ4 using Tapatalk

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep Use a low interest credit card or paypal credit. Remember you don't have to get a full setup right off the bat, start off with a dual up front, then down the road you can add rear heads, tx heads, hifi, bluetooth etc. A Dual ALP will cover you against the majority of stuff you are likely to see, then down the road you can add things to make the setup bulletproof for those less likely encounters with rear shots or dragoneye.

NorEaster18

Bad Actor / Difficult RDF Member
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure where you're located or what guns you face regularly, but my ALP dual has been solid against everything I see in my area. It should provide adequate protection for most drivers in the US (barring some specific locations) and certainly more protection than running naked.

Highly recommend you get in touch with BestRadarDetectors and start piecing together an ALP when you can. It's the best laser jammer on the market and his customer service is top notch.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if you can't afford a $1000 expense, you cannot afford to speed much less purchase laser jammers. Oftentimes a single speeding ticket will cost more than that when you factor in insurance increase. Unfortunately this is a pay-to-play hobby.

ozzytee

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
1 Point - Personal Attacks
I'm sorry but if you can't afford a $1000 expense, you cannot afford to speed much less purchase laser jammers. Oftentimes a single speeding ticket will cost more than that when you factor in insurance increase. Unfortunately this is a pay-to-play hobby.

Why you gotta be a dickhead some of us don’t have that kinda money to throw upfront like that.. and it’s better to invest in jammers and detectors then to pay tickets, wasting time In court and not only that insurance increases. Ive bought a couple detectors with my credit card nothing wrong with it next time keep your mouth shut and stay humble mr.rich guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzytee

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Why you gotta be a dickhead some of us don’t have that kinda money to throw upfront like that.. and it’s better to invest in jammers and detectors then to pay tickets, wasting time In court and not only that insurance increases. I’m sure by now we all know this is just a prevention and nothing is 100% but it’s better to be a little safe. And I’ve bought a couple detectors with my credit card nothing wrong with it next time keep your opinion to yourself.

NorEaster18

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Woah now, that's not cool at all man. No need to be throwing insults at a well-established member of this forum and community. I personally know Godowsky17 and he is a fantastic and knowledgeable dude, very far from being a dickhead.

What he is saying carries a lot of truth with it. This is a pay-to-play game, whether any of us like it or not. If the threat of lidar is present in your area and you can't afford parking sensors, you take significantly less risk by just slowing down. It's simple. For some people, Waze can do the job okay. But seasoned enthusiasts here know that this carries significantly more risk than relying on parking sensors. And of course, running no lidar protection at all carries the most risk. Many of us recognize that one lidar ticket (along with the court costs, insurance hikes, etc) can cost more than if you just got the parking sensors in the first place.

I recommend you read the room before coming in hot like you just did. It may come across as blunt sometimes, but many members here want to give the best recommendation that they can. We aren't doing it to try to shame people for not being able to afford things. Now if we give a recommendation to someone and they choose to take the risk anyways, that's up to them. We can't tell anybody what risks they are comfortable choosing.

ozzytee

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Woah now, that's not cool at all man. No need to be throwing insults at a well-established member of this forum and community. I personally know Godowsky17 and he is a fantastic and knowledgeable dude, very far from being a dickhead.

What he is saying carries a lot of truth with it. This is a pay-to-play game, whether any of us like it or not. If the threat of lidar is present in your area and you can't afford parking sensors, you take significantly less risk by just slowing down. It's simple. For some people, Waze can do the job okay. But seasoned enthusiasts here know that this carries significantly more risk than relying on parking sensors. And of course, running no lidar protection at all carries the most risk. Many of us recognize that one lidar ticket (along with the court costs, insurance hikes, etc) can cost more than if you just got the parking sensors in the first place.

I recommend you read the room before coming in hot like you just did. It may come across as blunt sometimes, but many members here want to give the best recommendation that they can. We aren't doing it to try to shame people for not being able to afford things. Now if we give a recommendation to someone and they choose to take the risk anyways, that's up to them. We can't tell anybody what risks they are comfortable choosing.

Like I said in the other post. I tried to edit it, don’t know if it posted or not but we all know radars and jammers are just a precaution it obvious. And If we get caught we have to deal with the consequences no need to talk someone down on getting a radar detector if he has to make payments let him. We all go through things

HarsherFlyGo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok, so is TMG worth the money? Or should I hold out for APL?

I understand the pay-to-play tenet. Makes sense. I am doing what I can with what I have. I just ordered an R7, and am currently trouble shooting the Highway Patrol app, trying to figure out how to make it less noisy, and less visually busy, while still being effective as an advanced warning. The recommendations I have already received here on this forum have been overwhelmingly valuable.

NorEaster18

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score

I understand the pay-to-play tenet. Makes sense. I am doing what I can with what I have. I just ordered an R7, and am currently trouble shooting the Highway Patrol app, trying to figure out how to make it less noisy, and less visually busy, while still being effective as an advanced warning. The recommendations I have already received here on this forum have been overwhelmingly valuable.
As someone who has owned both, I recommend ALP

ozzytee

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

It also doesn’t matter how smart or how long that person has been In the group you don’t talk down on people like that..

HarsherFlyGo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

To be clear, I have read some of the reviews of both and watched some shootouts between the two, and there is an obvious uptick in quality a la APL. However, if I am gonna start somewhere, I am wondering, for a cheaper option, if TMG is worth shelling out the cash - even if it does start with credit.

Also, for point of reference: New England is my battleground currently. (if that alters your recommendations)
Post automatically merged:

As someone who has owned both, I recommend ALP

Got it.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score

I strongly recommend ALP. It may have a slightly higher cost of entry now, but if you get the best protection from the start you'll be safer and happier down the road. I'd try to moderate your speed and take extra care in the meantime, as laser tickets aren't pretty. Depending where in New England you are, there are probably even more reasons to go for ALP over TMG. You'll end up spending a lot more than the ALP-TMG price delta if you try to get TMG now and then upgrade later on - several members on this forum can tell you their sob stories about trying to do just that, thinking it was being frugal and it ended up being just the opposite.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
If you pay with PayPal Credit and you can pay it off within 6 months this is no interest. Just be cautious with PayPal Credit that if you don't pay it off in 6 months that will back charge interest.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodGang92