Some Time Lurker

Shiny

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Joined back in February but finally decide to post!

Washington resident here. Have had the R7 for quite a while, then sold it due to the pandemic, but now with V1G2 released, now in a conundrum whether I want to use R7 again (I still have the blendmount for it), or use V1G2 with the 3rd party apps.
I did a WA-CA roundtrip last December, around the time I originally got the R7. I loved the sensitivity (despite the false alerts).

I will be driving from Washington to California soon, and am in need of a good RD. I'm also looking into LJ (probably ALP) considering LIDAR in WA...

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! I would use JBV1(Standalone--R7 or with the V1G2) for many things--but specially aircraft alerts in WA. I would definitely get laser jammers--laser is used a lot in WA. TMG is just fine or ALP if that is more to your liking.

Shiny

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yep for sure. I did pretty ok with R7 + Waze the first time around. When I sold my R7 I was using Highway Radar for a bit; I now regularly use Waze when driving around locally.

Thanks for the TMG recommendation. I will definitely consider it!

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!! Both the R7 and V1G2 are great detectors. I don’t think you can go wrong with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyGhost37

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Greetings! I like Waze. It certainly has limitations but can be very useful. I’d like to have an R7 but for now I enjoy the good Ka 34.7 range of my DFR9. Such performance is important here in the Lone Star State to sniff out the DPS...

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members