Coming over from V1G2

Jason Whitener

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So i love my V1G2 BSM filtering. I never get alerts that are false in K band. But I do get a lot of KA chattering. I decided to try an R7 which is coming tomorrow. Will I notice it to be less chatty then my V1G2? I’m near DFW in Texas.

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you are getting a lot of KA falses you won't really see that with the R7. It'll be more chatty on K though. I didn't know the V1 suffered from an excess of Ka falses though. I wonder if you had a faulty V1?

1move

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I went from V1G2 to the R7 and never looked back due to where I live and MRCD. The R7 had a slightly better warning than the V1G2 but still not enough so hopefully Theia will be the next best thing for my case.

Jason Whitener

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I went from V1G2 to the R7 and never looked back due to where I live and MRCD. The R7 had a slightly better warning than the V1G2 but still not enough so hopefully Theia will be the next best thing for my case.
Do you get a lot of BSM falses with your R7?

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
BSM falsing on the R7 is pretty bad, especially compared to the V1G2. Much more common than Ka false alerts on the V1G2. The R7 definitely falses less on Ka than the V1G2, but still does suffer from it a little bit.

You can reduce the BSM issue on the R7 by dropping sensitivity on K band, but it's still not great. Hopefully firmware will fix one or the other in both regards.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So i love my V1G2 BSM filtering. I never get alerts that are false in K band. But I do get a lot of KA chattering. I decided to try an R7 which is coming tomorrow. Will I notice it to be less chatty then my V1G2? I’m near DFW in Texas.
Out of curiosity, what kinds of frequencies in Ka were you seeing that were false?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It will be interesting what you find with the R7 then. :) That's right smack-dab in the proper spot for Stalker.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It will be interesting what you find with the R7 then. :) That's right smack-dab in the proper spot for Stalker.
Plenty of Stalkers around DFW since Applied Concepts is in Richardson.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good place to start for R7 Ka is segmentation to 2,4,5,6,8.
Pretty quiet on Ka.

K band, well be prepared to lock out stationary signals, and use every tool in the menu as needed.
K Narrow
K filter and TSF on.
Try Advanced [email protected]%, then cycle through City, Adv, Hwy depending on your drive.
Rear antenna at 80%
Optional to turn on Rear K Mute feature.
Quiet Ride 30 mph
QR one beep to preference, I choose level 1.
Have fun and hope you enjoy.

Magneto

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Good place to start for R7 Ka is segmentation to 2,4,5,6,8.
Pretty quiet on Ka.

K band, well be prepared to lock out stationary signals, and use every tool in the menu as needed.
K Narrow
K filter and TSF on.
Try Advanced [email protected]%, then cycle through City, Adv, Hwy depending on your drive.
Rear antenna at 80%
Optional to turn on Rear K Mute feature.
Quiet Ride 30 mph
QR one beep to preference, I choose level 1.
Have fun and hope you enjoy.
My settings are pretty much this running on the west side of DFW. Ka I have no problems with and rarely if ever come across a meaningful K. So yes you'll get more BSM falses than the G2 (which I also tried) so I chose the least obtrusive K tone I could find. I couldn't get JBV1 to permanently lock out K falses consistently so I returned it. I really like the R7.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I do get some BSMs, but not a ridiculous amount. I have K front at 70% and rear at 50%. I run K wide with K filter and TSF on. I don't use K Block due the wide span of K band around me. My Quiet Ride is set at 15 mph. I honestly don't recall ever getting a Ka false. BTW, most of my driving is in and around cities.

jerzboi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I left the R7 for a Redline 360c which I had too many issues with...thought about getting the V1G2, but decided to go back to the R7 ...The R7 never let me down ...Hopefully you'll feel the same about it.

NoahWL

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
34.713 is one I get a lot. Unless cops hang out in the same area everyday.
Funny you say that. My R7 alerts me to that same frequency in my driveway almost every time I get in the car. In my case it's just some cop that really likes sitting in the same spot a couple streets over. As others have already said 34.7 typically isn't a false. Might be worth trying to locate the source.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funny you say that. My R7 alerts me to that same frequency in my driveway almost every time I get in the car. In my case it's just some cop that really likes sitting in the same spot a couple streets over. As others have already said 34.7 typically isn't a false. Might be worth trying to locate the source.
This!

When I first got my V1G2, I had the same concerns. I was getting Ka alerts so often that I began to think maybe this thing is falsing a LOT. With more driving and spending some time tracking down the sources, I see that it's just that damned sensitive. Granted, I do get some definitive false alerts, but it's not that much more than on my R7 so as to put my R7 up as my main detector again, especially considering that the V1G2 is more sensitive on Ka (my main threats where I am), and that K false alerts with the R7 are crazy annoying to me with no good mitigation strategy to deal with them (with the V1G2 paired with JBV1, I can run profiles based on location, meaning I can snip annoying false alerts easily based on where I am and just focus on the threats in the area, with the R7, I have to manually change the settings in the menu on my own...JBV1 changes my V1G2 automatically for me)

1move

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
BSM falsing on the R7 is pretty bad, especially compared to the V1G2. Much more common than Ka false alerts on the V1G2. The R7 definitely falses less on Ka than the V1G2, but still does suffer from it a little bit.

You can reduce the BSM issue on the R7 by dropping sensitivity on K band, but it's still not great. Hopefully firmware will fix one or the other in both regards.
I have a different experience as I drive an Acura MDX, the V1G2 would not shut up and just kept falsing the entire drive
Do you get a lot of BSM falses with your R7?
I have tuned it to a point where I rarely ever get a BSM false and I think its down to 80% and I forget the rear setting I'll have to look.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a different experience as I drive an Acura MDX, the V1G2 would not shut up and just kept falsing the entire drive

I have tuned it to a point where I rarely ever get a BSM false and I think its down to 80% and I forget the rear setting I'll have to look.
I drive an MDX as well and dont pick up my own SUV with either detector, I own both a V1G2 and R7.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gschaaf77