My PS5 Experience

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
So, what does a Sony PS5 have to do with Theia? Well - given I have two boys, both gamers, and I love the occasional game as well, I eagerly awaited launch day. Despite trying very hard and being ready on every store that handled it, neither me nor my wife could actually get a PS5 in the cart and purchased. I will still be trying of course so that we get one for a Christmas gift for the little one. Soooo, where I am going with this -I truly hope that when Theia launches it is available long enough for me to get one.

The PS5 madness was insane with even Walmarts site crashing during launch. I really look forward to getting a Theia up in the car to see what it can do! I hope Radenso's ecommerce server is up it!

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I hope Radenso's ecommerce server is up it!

We use Shopify which hosts millions of other businesses (including a competitor who recently switched to them, haha). So no, there won’t be a issue with our website and pre-ordering Theia.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
We use Shopify which hosts millions of other businesses (including a competitor who recently switched to them, haha). So no, there won’t be a issue with our website and pre-ordering Theia.
I expected nothing less! : )

As fellow enthusiasts, I hope the Radenso team is equally giddy as I am to get a Theia up on the window. : )

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So, what does a Sony PS5 have to do with Theia? Well - given I have two boys, both gamers, and I love the occasional game as well, I eagerly awaited launch day. Despite trying very hard and being ready on every store that handled it, neither me nor my wife could actually get a PS5 in the cart and purchased. I will still be trying of course so that we get one for a Christmas gift for the little one. Soooo, where I am going with this -I truly hope that when Theia launches it is available long enough for me to get one.

The PS5 madness was insane with even Walmarts site crashing during launch. I really look forward to getting a Theia up in the car to see what it can do! I hope Radenso's ecommerce server is up it!
I still remember the PS3 selling for thousands on that famous auction site at release. It made me laugh but then I'm a PC gamer on the rare occasion I find time for it.

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had a hell of time securing an Xbox series X. Missed out on the 10th as sites were crashing. Missed out on the 18th as Microsoft's own site crashed. Missed out due to cart crashing on Walmart's restock on the 19th. Finally was able to purchase from Best Buy this morning.

Well, technically I don't have it in my hands yet. I have to wait until Friday to pick it up, so I guess anything could happen between now and then.

Damn bots would crash sites and steal inventory to resell on eBay for markup.

Best Buy finally got smart this morning. They had available inventory today. One click on "Add to Cart" wouldn't place the item in your cart, you had to wait an indeterminate amount of time for the second "Add to Cart" acknowledgement to purchase the item. That defeats the Bot's abilities to constantly buy single units, and meters out the load to the shopping cart system to allow you to compete the transaction without constantly crashing.

They also weren't permitting shipping of the console. You gotta go pick it up in person through drive up curb service only on Friday. I'm guessing they have them in warehouses, and will spend the week shipping to store once they figure out where all the orders go. Which would likely control the scammers and bot operators because it's going to be really obvious when you try to pick up 17 xboxs in person. It's likely once BB starts processing orders for shipment to the stores on Friday for pick up that they'll cancel orders once they recognize 17 of them are going to the same account. At least I hope they would. Maybe give them one and say, "Gee sorry, we assumed that was an Error in our ordering system, but here's one. Good luck with the other 16 you need..."

I f*cking hate scalpers. I hope they choke on their excessive inventory and Microsoft and Sony can come up with enough units to drive their markups into the gutter on fleabay and the other 3rd party sites.
Post automatically merged:

I still remember the PS3 selling for thousands on that famous auction site at release. It made me laugh but then I'm a PC gamer on the rare occasion I find time for it.
This is exactly why I bought a series x.

Lots of xbox games in my collection, but limited time to play them being a Dad. Loading times are killer when you only get a couple hours a week to play.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
@aim4squirrels If this country had any morals and ethics in business, places like eBay wouldn’t allow price gouging on goods. But no... the great America where I can buy a toothpick for less than a cent and sell it for $100 and some asshat will still buy it. I can honestly say that I hate unethical capitalism. There, I said it! Lol

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The greed of the scalper is deplorable. No comments about the people who cannot wait a few weeks to buy the latest device when demand and supply are more in line? It takes both sides to play the game. I suppose it is easier to blame capitalism.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I tried to snag one a few days ago the second when Walmart opened their window. Got one added to my cart no problem, then when I went to pay I kept getting error messages. Eventually after about 10 minutes I got a “this item is out of stock” message. Oh well. FYI, here’s a decent link which they keep updated:

aim4squirrels

Currently edging...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@aim4squirrels If this country had any morals and ethics in business, places like eBay wouldn’t allow price gouging on goods. But no... the great America where I can buy a toothpick for less than a cent and sell it for $100 and some asshat will still buy it. I can honestly say that I hate unethical capitalism. There, I said it! Lol
I don't necessarily have a problem with overcharging, but damn I hate it with controlled supply and demand and no controls on unscrupulous vendors and scalpers.

That's why I hate Ticketmaster. They cornered the market on big venue ticket sales, grant VIP access for early sales of which scalpers buy out loads of the best tickets and by the time the general public can actually buy tickets, it's shitty seats that sell out in like 2 minutes.

If you want decent seats, you almost always have to pay a third party seller some ridiculous mark up to get them, which is why I seldom go to any live shows of anything anymore. I'm tired of getting bent over.
Post automatically merged:

I tried to snag one a few days ago the second when Walmart opened their window. Got one added to my cart no problem, then when I went to pay I kept getting error messages. Eventually after about 10 minutes I got a “this item is out of stock” message. Oh well. FYI, here’s a decent link which they keep updated:

That is exactly what happened to me on the couple of attempts at buying from Walmart and the Microsoft store. By the time I made it to Best Buy initially, they were gone, and Gamestop only had the $ 904 bundled version of crap I don't need left in stock. The MS store even states now that anything they sell from here on out likely won't ship until after Christmas.

Man, I was using both stock informer and octoshop after the initial launch day, and even they couldn't keep up with the inventory before it sold out. It's been crazy.

Kudos to BB for coming up with a legit solution that allowed everyone at least a crack at a console today. I logged in at 6:07 CST and got one, and they still had stock at 6:45am when I checked.

Look for the PS5 there as well, if you can even get a hint from a gaming website when they might drop new stock at BB you've got a chance of you check early and often.

Last edited:

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yup. Other than a few ”enthusiasts“ here - no one is going to be lining up to buy a $1K radar detector. 😆

Don’t le be fooled by the nonsense hype.
L4D44, but historically prices can and do come down on tech right? I think the key is having an AMAZING product. I am going to stay positive that we are about to shift gears on this class of product into something better than what we have had before.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
L4D44, but historically prices can and do come down on tech right? I think the key is having an AMAZING product. I am going to stay positive that we are about to shift gears on this class of product into something better than what we have had before.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Until then it’s just “vapor ware.” Also looking for a PS5. Lol. Good luck with your hunt. 😉

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The greed of the scalper is deplorable. No comments about the people who cannot wait a few weeks to buy the latest device when demand and supply are more in line? It takes both sides to play the game. I suppose it is easier to blame capitalism.
Who is worse? The thief or the person giving him money for stolen goods?

I don't necessarily have a problem with overcharging, but damn I hate it with controlled supply and demand and no controls on unscrupulous vendors and scalpers.
There’s a reason monopolies and price fixing are both illegal.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Who is worse? The thief or the person giving him money for stolen goods?

There’s a reason monopolies and price fixing are both illegal.
Lol. OK. 🙄

The first part, both are the problem because the driving force is the desire the person feels. One to sell something for more than it’s worth because they feel greedy and the second part is the desire from the person paying the outrageous price for something they must covet.

As for the part about monopolies. You do realize that shit happens all the time, don’t you? Here’s the deal. Take Comcast for instance. They corner a market with their service and it’s so good in comparison to the other options in that market (usually only SAT since no two cable companies will do business in one market) that the use HAS NO CHOICE but to stick with them. Sure, LEGALLY, they aren’t monopolizing the market because people could go pay for shit service with some other provider but they know damn well and good that won’t happen, not enough for them to not have any customers anyway. So they keep jacking up the price, both for greed reasons and also due to them loosing “some” if their more stubborn customers who’ve really had enough. No company EVER absorbs even 1% of their operating cost anymore, let alone more of it. It’s all passed down to the consumer via price hikes and fees. Sure, it’s good god the owner or stock investors, but it’s not good for society as a whole. Everyone is still kept in their own little classes and it’ll continue to stay that way until people change as a species.

Why do you think Radenso is going to price their detector high? Because they can. And they’ll choose a price that’s high enough to make them happy and they’ll let the market absorb it and when everyone is ranting and raving about the damn thing killing the performance of everything else, they’ll have monopolized the RD market. Sure, they’re will be other cheaper detectors people can buy, so people like you won’t see it as a monopoly, but who wants a piece of shit when you know damn well the perfect, yet expensive, RD is out there? Right? Right...

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. Until then it’s just “vapor ware.” Also looking for a PS5. Lol. Good luck with your hunt. 😉
Yeah, the PS5 seems to be the real vaporware. Still nothing. : (

dougr

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What you call unethical capitalism is why product moves from low demand areas to high. It's about distribution, which is 1/2 the equation to achieve a high standard of living.

Example: a water bottle, production cost of 20 cents. Sold in a store it's worth 50 cents. Sold on the street on a hot day outside a football stadium with huge crowds it's worth $2.

The different price tells two things. 1, something's worth isn't determined by its production cost. 2, there is value in timing and place for a product.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What you call unethical capitalism is why product moves from low demand areas to high. It's about distribution, which is 1/2 the equation to achieve a high standard of living.

Example: a water bottle, production cost of 20 cents. Sold in a store it's worth 50 cents. Sold on the street on a hot day outside a football stadium with huge crowds it's worth $2.

The different price tells two things. 1, something's worth isn't determined by its production cost. 2, there is value in timing and place for a product.
Sad some people do not know, or were not taught, this.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
More like $.05 to make, sells for at least $1.50 if not $2.00 in your average convenience store and in the right place I have seen them go for $6 to $8 a bottle. If we want/need it enough we pay it.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score

And that’s the problem. It doesn’t need to be $2 on that hot day. On the hot day, the people needing to buy said bottle of water aren’t making more money to justify the rate increase of said bottle of water. The only thing happening on that hot day is some greedy unethical bastard decided he/she can make more money by overcharging someone in need of the same product that should be sold for that it normally sells. Funny how people get upset when gas stations price gouge on gas during a hurricane evacuation and make enough stink to get that stopped, but they don’t care enough to make the same shit happen with ALL goods and services. That’s why I can’t stand all the asshats who decided to get into the mask making business when COVID hit. It didn’t do anything for anyone... it just made them money on something that’s not even medical grade. Gimme a ****ing break!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
997usa