Mirror tap / 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So, I swapped Jeeps this week and didn't think to snap a picture from my old mirror tap before pulling them out.

Anyone have a picture of a mirror tap from a 2020 Grand Cherokee? (Or earlier model. The wiring should be the same)

Ropchips

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't know if your model vehicle will be in this database yet but every vehicle I've looked up had the wiring info.
Click on the link and scroll down to (see attached screenshot)
Screenshot_2020-11-21-19-22-37-1.jpg
for access.
McDowell County Public Library - Chilton Auto Repair
Sent from my

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-21-19-22-37-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-21-19-22-37-1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 5

Ropchips

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Disregard my previous post. Your vehicle isn't in the database yet.

A Digital multimeter to find your switched 12v and ground is gonna be your best bet if you can't find anything online.

Sent from my

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So, I swapped Jeeps this week and didn't think to snap a picture from my old mirror tap before pulling them out.

Anyone have a picture of a mirror tap from a 2020 Grand Cherokee? (Or earlier model. The wiring should be the same)
Does your model have any of the nanny systems on it? I'm curious how your detector handles them, if it does. I know some of the Jeep models wreak havoc on detectors in other vehicles.

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does your model have any of the nanny systems on it? I'm curious how your detector handles them, if it does. I know some of the Jeep models wreak havoc on detectors in other vehicles.
Only have BSM. I don't care much for lane departure and cruise spacing (or whatever it's called). If I'm on someone's ass, it's because I want to be there and they need to get out of the left lane!

No issues with the BSM and R7.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can only imagine that those seeking mirror tap hacks don’t realize how a proper add-a-circuit hardwire really is.

CheatDay2020

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I mirror tapped on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Found instructions online. Maybe you tube, cant remember. Took 5 min and worked great. No issues with BSM.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr