New to the forum.

tfloyd

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi,

I Currently run an Uniden R3 with JBV1 on a dedicated phone. Just ordered an ALP system and will be installing on my Tesla Model S. Any advice from anyone who has installed on on a Model S?

Thanks
Tony

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums. The man himself may be able to help you with that. @BestRadarDetectors

Edit: Here's one.

Last edited:

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, great choices of CM's!

tfloyd

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums. The man himself may be able to help you with that. @BestRadarDetectors

Edit: Here's one.

Looks like I don't have access as it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. " when I click on that link.

Cobra Kai

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome To The Forum.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome. That setup will serve you well. The forum Show off Your Install has some great Tesla examples.

@colsnt has a very nice example of an ALP install on his Tesla, and in particular how he mounted his front Tx head. His ALP tested JTG against DragonEye, and I'm sure he'll chime in.

colsnt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey welcome!
As mentioned I installed front alp sensors in my model 3 recently. From what I’ve seen the model S has more options for sensor mounting compared to the model 3 but if you happen to have a black car and want to mount the sensor flush in the bumper you could check out my install thread.

I’ve heard that tapping into the power steering fuse is a good option for switched power which can be harder to find in these cars.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like I don't have access as it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. " when I click on that link.
Try again. If your tag says "Newly Registered" it won't let you in. It only takes a few hours for your tag to say "General" then you can access it.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member