INSP new toys

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I was running really fast the other night with a Porsche 911. I was probably in a bad way if I were to have gotten caught. I was the one always out in front... I know I know... I shouldn't have been but it's super funny to see a 911 owner struggling to keep up with my Cruze (go ahead and laugh but he seriously didn't have the bawls to pass me). Luckily traffic stopped me in my tracks and let up to tolerable levels and got hit with lidar from up on an overpass. I am wanting some parking sensors... How is TMG's performance when getting shot from above?

He got my speed at 83-85 but didn't pursue... I was well above triple digits (duh Porsche).

Ohioluck

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Nice traffic save. I’ve had one or two times where I was hauling pretty good and then got slowed down by a small pack cars, and then a trooper happened to be shooting laser a few seconds later. I don’t travel in Indiana often but I take I-74 to Indianapolis a few times a year.

NorEaster18

Bad Actor
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not sure exactly where you're located or what guns are in use around you, but ALP will give you the best coverage against all guns out there. It's worth the peace of mind.

Last edited:

NoahWL

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Some of those wide open highways in IN are just too tempting. On 41/63 I usually see them sitting behind the guardrails at the ends of small bridges and hills. Only seen CO once or twice but at least it's always been KA. A couple months back I drove past 5+ INSP discos within 5 miles. Not sure if they were using laser (couldn't see since it was dark) but they had a few of their white Chargers up on an overpass and a few more just cruising back and forth underneath it blasting people with IO as they came around curves and over hills.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you enter Dragon territory at all, especially Ohio where they like rear overpass shots? If so, ALP. If the vehicle you are equipping with Jammers stays in an area without Dragon worries, then it's really about coverage, what you like better, and what you trust. ALP has better coverage per head due to a larger sensitivity radius.

CobawLT2010

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Do you enter Dragon territory at all, especially Ohio where they like rear overpass shots? If so, ALP. If the vehicle you are equipping with Jammers stays in an area without Dragon worries, then it's really about coverage, what you like better, and what you trust. ALP has better coverage per head due to a larger sensitivity radius.
I've always slowed down in Ohio... Same with GA, IL, WI, MI, DC, and CO... But I go everywhere just not that often... And when I am out and about I don't speed if I'm not comfortable with the route.

For all IN drivers this was on the overpass of 18 & I65. When the R3 went of I was enthralled he didn't get me just a few minutes earlier... Up till now I would say lidar was so rare there was no point... But it's been getting more prevalent.

ALP is great but it might be overkill for what I need. I don't get hit often... And from what I know we don't have dragons. @GTO_04 do you know what district 14 use for lidar?

Last edited:

CobawLT2010

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
XLR's are being used.

E667115A-813D-4D77-A42E-BBC7D850F210.png

5D8B1097-0E68-48B5-BB53-50AFD789CD77.png

(Actual INSP FB posts)

Last edited:

CobawLT2010

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Apparently they mostly use this thing south of where I was and typically go.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Kansas uses PL3 mainly and DE in kck if you cone that way going to Colorado

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've always slowed down in Ohio... Same with GA, IL, WI, MI, DC, and CO... But I go everywhere just not that often... And when I am out and about I don't speed if I'm not comfortable with the route.

For all IN drivers this was on the overpass of 18 & I65. When the R3 went of I was enthralled he didn't get me just a few minutes earlier... Up till now I would say lidar was so rare there was no point... But it's been getting more prevalent.

ALP is great but it might be overkill for what I need. I don't get hit often... And from what I know we don't have dragons. @GTO_04 do you know what district 14 use for lidar?
I do not see lidar very often, but the last one I saw was an XLR just like you posted in the image. It was on US31 in Westfield (District 52) that I saw ISP using an XLR. I have never seen a Dragon Eye anywhere in the state of Indiana. I believe IMPD has an XLR now too based on a TV news story that I've seen.

Good to see that the R3 is picking up overpass lidar shots! My R1 is picking up lidar too but again I do not see it very often.

GTO_04

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
How is ISP on the toll road? Head to South Bend for the holiday.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can’t say TMG has every Dragon Eye algorithm nailed down but from the 2 different Dragon Eyes I have tested against with my TMG setup I was able to hold them off to around the 225’ mark, that was in testing. In the real world I have a local PD that runs D.E. here in Mi and around 8 months ago I was running over 100mph in a 70 and he shot me at around 800’ my system obviously worked against that D.E. they were using because I didn’t get pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
997usa