Motorcycle Radar Detector Guide

eem29

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey guys, bit of a noob when it comes to some of the tech stuff so I might be oversimplifying this - what would be the best method of running an R7 (potentially in conjunction with ALP) if you don't listen to music or have a comms system or have a phone or GPS mounted? Could you just plug a simple bluetooth dongle into the R7 audio jack and pair it up to a bluetooth speaker inside the helmet? Or do you need to go through your phone for that to work?

Cheers,
Emma

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey guys, bit of a noob when it comes to some of the tech stuff so I might be oversimplifying this - what would be the best method of running an R7 (potentially in conjunction with ALP) if you don't listen to music or have a comms system or have a phone or GPS mounted? Could you just plug a simple bluetooth dongle into the R7 audio jack and pair it up to a bluetooth speaker inside the helmet? Or do you need to go through your phone for that to work?

Cheers,
Emma
Wondering too.
I have no music etc.
I just run a wire from detector directly to speakers in my helmet.
The hazards are forgetting to unplug and damaging things, which has happened.
I keep thinking of the Bluetooth dongle thing, but everyone keeps talking about phone being part of the deal. I would skip it if I could just to be wireless.

RoverTtx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Cheers,
Emma
In theory that could work. I've seen bluetooth dongles that come with two ends and headphone jacks on each. I doubt they work as well but it could be done. Alternatively you could have a completely visual alert system. Wire up a light or something on the dash. The Uniden hardwire kit comes with a remote mute button that lights up (admittedly not super bright) but it would be a simple approach to visual alerts.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49