Utah: “Super Speeders” trending at near 41% yearly increase.

RRJ

Running with R3
Beginner User
Reaction score
The trend of what they were calling “Super Speeders” on the radio (not to be confused with Rob Ferretti) continues to climb in Utah. They predict that by the end of the year, people pulled for 100+ will have increased by 41% over the previous year. Pulls for PSL +20 are also increasing at a similar rate. (I personally suspect those at 100+ are a subset of those going PSL+20. On parts of I15, going PSL +20 and 100 MPH are one in the same).

The nation seems to be seeing the same thing. Some guy in NC has a $125,000 bond set for 187 in a work zone. That’s a little quicker than the Utah biker going a little over 150 on i15, the Porsche going 148 on I215, and the drunk nut job going 130 on his way to kill an out of state Senator.

Be careful out there everyone. There are some who cut loose on the Salt Flats or rural Southern Utah and others let it fly up the 201. The other day, a guy going right at 100 passed me by the weigh station near Brigham. I had my eye on him when he cleared traffic maybe 1/8 of a mile behind me, so it wasn’t that big of a deal. But as we saw in a Vortex dash cam review, someone suddenly accelerating to 130+, even in light traffic, can appear seemingly out of nowhere, and cause a code brown for all parties. I think we’ve all had a similar surprise at one time or another.

Troopers are stopping an alarming number of drivers going over 100 mph on Utah highways

Last edited:

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I looked through the article photos and I noticed they're using the LTI TruCam which is an older LTI TruSpeed with a digital photo camera built in.

samq45

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In the last 9 months I have found some of the best rabbits ever. One even passed a unmarked LEO at over 100.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was this whole "super speeder" BS the reason the nutjob was going to kill the politician? You're either speeding or not. What's next, "super reckless?" But our leadership concerns itself with foolishness like this while Rome burns.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was this whole "super speeder" BS the reason the nutjob was going to kill the politician? You're either speeding or not. What's next, "super reckless?" But our leadership concerns itself with foolishness like this while Rome burns.
No. They were completely separate and unrelated incidents. The only thing they had in common was the nutjob was speeding. He was also hopped up on drugs as well as 1 and a half 12 packs of beer. Just sensationalist reporting being used to tie them together.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yellow journalism is certainly the forte of the American media. I propose a new category: Super Seat belt. We could define this a number of ways but we'll keep it stupid like our traffic nannies. So if you're wearing your lap belt properly but not the shoulder belt that'll be a seat belt violation. But if you're not wearing it all that'll be a Super Seat Belt Violation with all the attendant fines. Or if your child is one inch too short and not in a seat... The opportunities are limitless when it comes to the nanny state.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yellow journalism is certainly the forte of the American media. I propose a new category: Super Seat belt. We could define this a number of ways but we'll keep it stupid like our traffic nannies. So if you're wearing your lap belt properly but not the shoulder belt that'll be a seat belt violation. But if you're not wearing it all that'll be a Super Seat Belt Violation with all the attendant fines. Or if your child is one inch too short and not in a seat... The opportunities are limitless when it comes to the nanny state.
Don't give our politicians ideas. What sounds farcical to us is the way to go for lawmakers. Some folks want to make the world so safe and risk free that the next big crisis will be people dying of boredom.

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
"Super Speeder" laws aren't enough. The only way to keep our children safe is to keep ramping up the the rhetoric and writing ever harsher penalties to deter people who don't think about the consequences in the first place.

It's time for...DEMON SPEEDER laws!

RRJ

Running with R3
Beginner User
Reaction score
I looked through the article photos and I noticed they're using the LTI TruCam which is an older LTI TruSpeed with a digital photo camera built in.
I suppose those are a little easier to jam than some? Of course this is a theoretical question as jammers are not allowed in Utah and thus, nobody has them or would know.
Post automatically merged:

"Super Speeder" laws aren't enough. The only way to keep our children safe is to keep ramping up the the rhetoric and writing ever harsher penalties to deter people who don't think about the consequences in the first place.

It's time for...DEMON SPEEDER laws!

They might take it too far and outlaw Zombie as well.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwr