V1 Gen 2 Question

VinHemi

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey guys, I ride a motorcycle and listen to music in my bluetooth headphones. How do you get sound out of your phone (android) when paired to the V1 gen 2 app? I would like to hear alerts through my headphones. Right now I am only hearing alerts out of the v1 gen2 unit. I have the V1 gen2 app installed on my phone but still not getting sounds through my phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you use JBV1, the sound can come out of the android phone. The one from VR I don't think will do this. Not sure about any of the other apps.
Word of caution though, the alert can be delayed by several seconds, so don't count on it for quick notices.

VinHemi

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the JBV1 app installed but still can't get sound out of my android phone galaxy s10+. It must be a setting I missed to get the alerts on my phone?

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have the JBV1 app installed but still can't get sound out of my android phone galaxy s10+. It must be a setting I missed to get the alerts on my phone?
Yes, there are a lot of settings. Still trying to figure them all out myself! I believe that it is under menu->settings->audio Routing. Lots of options in here, especially under advanced.

If connected to the V1, I believe the quick basic setting is called CAI under the map's settings page. Use the above settings to fine tune the audio.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you use JBV1, the sound can come out of the android phone. The one from VR I don't think will do this. Not sure about any of the other apps.
Word of caution though, the alert can be delayed by several seconds, so don't count on it for quick notices.
There should not be a delay like that at all, most times the alert on the phone and the alert on the detector appear to happen simultaneously. If this isn't your experience, then there is something wrong.

Yes, there are settings to get alerts through your phone on JBV1. There are many options for what the alerts will be. It works flawless on my Note 10+

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There should not be a delay like that at all, most times the alert on the phone and the alert on the detector appear to happen simultaneously. If this isn't your experience, then there is something wrong.
The delay is probably due to having a 5 year old phone and more than one app up at a time. It also takes a few seconds when I'm running that app to get the screen to respond sometimes. But the beeps are usually 180 out of phase. The phone will beep when V1 is quiet and visa versa.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac