Having BSM issues after firmware update? Ghosting?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You are misunderstanding what I'm implying. :)

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
...the other other potential improvement I see room for is having improved K band reaction time.
What sucks is that with V1G2's much improved BSM rejection they've much diminished K band reaction time. Pretty sure this isn't going to end up having our cake and eating it too. You get one or the other at the $500 price point.

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What sucks is that with V1G2's much improved BSM rejection they've much diminished K band reaction time. Pretty sure this isn't going to end up having our cake and eating it too. You get one or the other at the $500 price point.
I would like the option, one or the other. Presently turning K-verifier on or off has no effect on reaction time(very odd). It just adds a few more K alerts when disabled. It is apparently still filtering something, because my V1G1 will alert when V1G2(K-verifier Off) doesn't. Of course V1G1 is as fast on K as Ka- instantaneous.

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would like the option, one or the other. Presently turning K-verifier on or off has no effect on reaction time(very odd). It just adds a few more K alerts when disabled. It is apparently still filtering something, because my V1G1 will alert when V1G2(K-verifier Off) doesn't. Of course V1G1 is as fast on K as Ka- instantaneous.
Yep. With my Gen 1’s I could never get a 500ms shot of K past them. Always alerted.
Now with Gen 2 it’s blind to ALL 500ms shots regardless of settings. It’s pretty obvious how they ‘improved’ the BSM filtration on G2’s...delay & analyze. They robbed Peter to pay Paul.
Again at this price point I’m not sure you can have both

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I would not be too certain of that. The M360 has great BSM filtering but is also very quick to react to K-band, currently under $450. The R7 is quick as well on K-band, and improved BSM filtering is said to be in the works, under $500 as well. The V1G2 should get is great BSM filtering back where is should be soon and I would think that that VR could improve the reactivity of K-band over time if they so desired. It seems to take a decent bit of time for companies to dial in their RD's, but when they do they seem to work very well. You can spend $750 on the RL360 and still have a $429 M360 react faster on both K and Ka band, so spending more does not give you want you want either at times. I look forward to seeing what VR can dazzle us with over the next few years.

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I would not be too certain of that. The M360 has great BSM filtering but is also very quick to react to K-band, currently under $450. The R7 is quick as well on K-band, and improved BSM filtering is said to be in the works, under $500 as well. The V1G2 should get is great BSM filtering back where is should be soon and I would think that that VR could improve the reactivity of K-band over time if they so desired. It seems to take a decent bit of time for companies to dial in their RD's, but when they do they seem to work very well. You can spend $750 on the RL360 and still have a $429 M360 react faster on both K and Ka band, so spending more does not give you want you want either at times. I look forward to seeing what VR can dazzle us with over the next few years.
I'm hopeful too. With the LFM scanning they have using the chirp filter, they should have plenty of time to sort and alert. I suspect they just have to move some functions from the ARM to the FPGA....if they have room.

Hopefully the reaction fix comes on or before the fix for the BSMs. No response to a .5 to 1 sec QT or IO is a real danger where the BSMs are just an annoyance.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The no response to a 0.5 to 1.0 second pulse has this 20+ year VR customer wondering about his alternatives. With today's capabilities, I just don't get it. (Never thought I would be saying something like this about VR)

Last edited:

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The no response to a 0.5 to 1.0 second quick pulse has this 20+ year VR customer wondering about his alternatives. With today's capabilities, I just don't get it. (Never thought I would be saying something like this about VR)
I am really hope VR addresses this issue with K-band in their next firmware release. The RL360c is no better though, especially if you add additional Ka segments. You would need to run an R7 or 'step down' to the Max 360 series for quick K band response times.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If you are having BSM issues after loading the latest firmware, numerous BSMs, Ghosting BSMs give this a shot. I am a JBV1 user and just use the V1C app to update firmware.

1. Re push your current profile. Then test it out with a BSM saturated drive.
2. If that doesn't help go into the profile and turn k verifier off, then save the profile. Then go back into the profile and turn k verifier back on and save the profile.
3. Re push the profile.

This worked for me using JBV1 and I really believe it will work for other JBV1 users.ru
If you are having BSM issues after loading the latest firmware, numerous BSMs, Ghosting BSMs give this a shot. I am a JBV1 user and just use the V1C app to update firmware.

1. Re push your current profile. Then test it out with a BSM saturated drive.
2. If that doesn't help go into the profile and turn k verifier off, then save the profile. Then go back into the profile and turn k verifier back on and save the profile.
3. Re push the profile.

This worked for me using JBV1 and I really believe it will work for other JBV1 users.
I’m running V1G2/SAVY/CD in “A” mode. I only use Valentine’s app periodically for programming. I’m able to disable/enable K Verifier with no change in the ghosting and new BSM troubles. I’m seeing the same increase in BSM alerts and high bogey counts as others. Also I’ve noticed a change in the arrow behavior on low power K units used by some LEO’s in my area. The G2 will often not track the scource to the side or back arrows when passing remaining on front arrow only. This is a change from any Valentine I’ve ever owned. I suspect if I know Mike, these new oddities will be remedied with the next firmware update. Anybody heard anything on that?

cihkal

Let there be light!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m running V1G2/SAVY/CD in “A” mode. I only use Valentine’s app periodically for programming. I’m able to disable/enable K Verifier with no change in the ghosting and new BSM troubles. I’m seeing the same increase in BSM alerts and high bogey counts as others. Also I’ve noticed a change in the arrow behavior on low power K units used by some LEO’s in my area. The G2 will often not track the scource to the side or back arrows when passing remaining on front arrow only. This is a change from any Valentine I’ve ever owned. I suspect if I know Mike, these new oddities will be remedied with the next firmware update. Anybody heard anything on that?
I saw by a trusted source, who posted it in here, that the issue was identified and they are testing testing testing!

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Has anyone ever did laser test on the gen 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm curious about this also. I haven't had any laser alerts yet. My Gen1 did on a camera across many lanes, but the Gen 2 right next to it was silent. I don't know if it was properly filtered or failed to detect it.

This same camera usually sets the Gen1 off about 70% of the times. I think it depends on traffic as it is on the outerloop of the beltway and I am on the inner loop, so it may be reflections off of cars or cars blocking the laser. IDK.

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Mine has gone off twice on true LEO laser shots now. Both at about 800ft. So I can at least say it will pick up a direct shot at that distance or greater.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I get laser falses, it seems to be less than Gen1.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had a few laser falses when I first got green 2. Then I tinted my windshield and poof, no more laser falses. I'm guessing I just killed my chances of a scatter alert, maybe even direct hit alert too.

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure by mounting it high it won’t affect laser performance the gen 1 was awesome with laser

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure by mounting it high it won’t affect laser performance the gen 1 was awesome with laser

Per V1 site mounting high is best.

"Detector performance is enhanced by a high mounting position. Two reasons. For radar, a longer sight line to the horizon always helps. For laser, moving away from the hood and its sun reflections helps a lot."

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Without getting into saying stuff I have no business saying; I was trying to say that they don't need to "spin up" a firmware process because they already have that running.

If I am trying to give a relevant answer to anyone that might read my post, I'm going to have to say that the vehicle does matter to some degree. It's not about the power supplied. Gen2 operates the same as long as it's getting 6 to 35 volts.

You don't have BSMs, I do. You have issues, I don't.
But, just as importantly, for some customers, It can solely be about the types of vehicles that are encountered. Not everyone encounters the same vehicles.

By the way, are you saying you have no BSM of any sort in your vehicle? I'm not talking only about the known BSM annoyance vehicles here. "Spread-spectrum" systems still broadcast.

We will have to wait and see.:cool:
Thanks @Bloovy One !!

Much appreciated !!

:wink:

Benzr
Post automatically merged:

I'm curious about this also. I haven't had any laser alerts yet. My Gen1 did on a camera across many lanes, but the Gen 2 right next to it was silent. I don't know if it was properly filtered or failed to detect it.

This same camera usually sets the Gen1 off about 70% of the times. I think it depends on traffic as it is on the outerloop of the beltway and I am on the inner loop, so it may be reflections off of cars or cars blocking the laser. IDK.
Interesting you mention that.
As i was recently in A non Lazer area
... and was hit with PL3 FIRST V1G2 alerted
(High n Tight Passenger Side Mount )
Then Alps for 2sec JTK.

My G2 performed awesomely on LAZER PL3. !!

Benzr

Attachments

• 5165A5C4-EA89-438D-A258-1D8ACB4FF094.png
    5165A5C4-EA89-438D-A258-1D8ACB4FF094.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 32D5CE01-5856-474F-9C6D-3E087A82F8B3.png
    32D5CE01-5856-474F-9C6D-3E087A82F8B3.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Yes. I'v had one laser detection. I was at least 150 yards behind the first target car. 80 mph on I-75. Plenty of time to react beurre I was targeted. LEO was on an overpass. It was better than the V1 in my opinion. Haven't done any testing but that's my one real world experience.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGurnie