R7 kill K band only on advance or another setting not all

hotdog

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Am I missing something? I want to turn K band off only in one of the mode settings. I see turning K band off only on advance and leaving it on in city and highway. another alternative would be to turn off only on city and leave on in advanced and highway. Presently it appears that when I turn K band off for advanced it is also off on city and highway. am i missing something, am I wrong or is this the way it works?
thanks in advance for comments

hotdog

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Looks like K band off for one mode only such as off in advanced would be a desired feature. This would let the user select the advanced when they got tired of the K band false alerts. False alerts is why I went out of radar detector ownership for about 30 years. I would rather take the risk of getting hit with a K band radar that is seldom used in many areas than get accustomed to ignoring the detector or just shutting it off entirely.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like K band off for one mode only such as off in advanced would be a desired feature. This would let the user select the advanced when they got tired of the K band false alerts. False alerts is why I went out of radar detector ownership for about 30 years. I would rather take the risk of getting hit with a K band radar that is seldom used in many areas than get accustomed to ignoring the detector or just shutting it off entirely.
On firmware version 133 you have plenty of tools to customize K band alerts.
You can now mute rear alerts on K only.
Use Quiet Ride and set speed to a higher level so it is quiet until you reach speeds you need K alerts at.
You can now use Quiet Ride 1 Beep volume setting from 0 to 8 levels, use with your QR speed to alert when below QR setting, with one beep, to the volume you want to hear a one beep notice for K.
K filter on, TSF on, Adv [email protected]% and you will still be very sensitive but much quieter.
For stationary signals to lock out, make sure to double tap Mute when getting the first beeps of the signal. R7 then carries it through to the loss of signal. Repeat from opposite direction.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John RD