Why Theia at a price point of $1000+ is not cost effective.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
If I was to even think about pony cars I would go Dodge... It's like we're opposites clearly when it comes to cars Jon...

I like to tinker... It's what I do... An engine isn't going to stay stock if it's a fun car for me... I've built old Nissan's and Mazda's... I've done my fair share with camaro's in my high school years... No thanks... If I'm putting the time into it I want something lower to the ground. If I bought I a 991 I would still want to tinker...

Thing is if you mod, things are going to break... And that's no different with x brand over y brand...

Same goes with my computers and electronics...

I think you are reading too much into what I was saying - I was speaking very narrowly for on-track performance and reliability, not what I would prefer to own or tinker with.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Jon at Radenso
Interesting side discussion, however, more on topic...
Take my money and ship Theia Serial # 0000001 directly to my home address for complete evaluation. ;)
I will post here the cost effective value according to me.
No one will ever need to know more than that.:p

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Jon at Radenso
Take my money and ship Theia Serial # 0000001 directly to my home address for complete evaluation. ;)
Welp, you just ran Jon out of the thread.:D lol, j/k...mostly.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think you are reading too much into what I was saying - I was speaking very narrowly for on-track performance and reliability, not what I would prefer to own or tinker with.
I still wouldnt want to track a porsche... I don’t care for the German brands.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Jon at Radenso
Side duscussion? I figured this thread had run its course? All thats left to talk about in this thread is what your theia is going to protect? Well that and burbon.

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Want to know what's even more cost effective? Going the speed limit! Boom, now you never have to worry about a speeding ticket ever again.

The rest of us who drive quickly will spend our money the way we feel the need to in order to have the best protection for us.
Where can a buy this “going the speed limit” and how much ?

TheSkyIsFalling

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you allow a cop to sneak up on you and pace you at 100+ then you earned your ticket. Anyone gaining on you from behind at that speed is suspect. If you don't see them your situational awareness is lacking. This is one of the advantages of running 105 vs 85. You'll have very few vehicles approaching from behind at 105 and every one of them must be identified even if it means slowing for a bit. This way you can avoid the pace and possibly pick up a rabbit.

This is very effective tactic

one of my friends actually uses this

he drives at 200kmh on the highway. Other ppl have called him in and a cop has pulled him over up to the road but he either gets no ticket or beats the tickets he gets

I will say there is one tactic that a person can get nailed

Aircraft patrol

Last edited:

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is very effective tactic

one of my friends actually uses this

he drives at 200kmh on the highway. Other ppl have called him in and a cop has pulled him over up to the road but he either gets no ticket or beats the tickets he gets

I will say there is one tactic that a person can get nailed

Aircraft patrol
Aircraft patrol: That's why we have the wonderful JBV1 app!

Smirnoff

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did someone say bourbon?

Yes, Rocky Mountain Bourbon.

200.gif

spinner55

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sure it is cost effective - for me. I'll get enjoyment out of it. Way less likely to get a ticket. Way less vehicle false alerts. Less complaining from the 'boss' over in the passenger seat. If its not you 'cup of tea' don't buy it. Take care Spin

eric15178

If you ain't 1st you're last-Ricky Bobby
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Fiat = Fix It Again Tony
Ford = Found On Road Dead

Being that I have a Barracuda, this is my favorite.

Mopar = Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
We were discussing cars in general at a dealer i do some work for. Woman was in with a bad ass wrangler. I've always liked gm cars and jeeps. For cars, all i liked were pontiacs and cadillacs, vettes about it for a bowtie, would like a c5 at some point in my life. Remember when that came out back in the day. If I was to get an suv truck, be a tahoe, escalade, or silverado.

But yeah, in discussion I said that I've owned 3 pontiacs, on the 2nd cadillac, and one jeep. Always liked pontiac and wish they didn't quit the line- gto's firebirds, grand prix's, awesome cars. One of the guys says to me, you know what pontiac stands for? I'm from a small town, heard it a couple times back in the day. Girl with the jeep asked what it was, with work and people around, someone said to just google it later if she really wanted to know.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik