I hope V1 Driver app developers are able to catch up to the Android JBV1 counterpart!

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this app is still lacking half of the features that JBV1 offers for Android users, and it is not even free. I've nothing against the app though otherwise, as I am able to get audible voice alerts.

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
#1 Start with an insult. Always a good way to ask a developer for more features...

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
As I recall reading; JBV1 started out with a small set of features as well.
Perhaps @BagNDrag has future plans with his app?

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Right. I was talking about @BagNDrag's new iOS app though. :)

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I personally have all 4 apps, 2 iPhone apps and 2 Android ones. It all depends on how much time the developers have. V1 companion has just had a promising upgrade. As above, JBV1 is pretty awesome, get a cheap android phone and bobs your uncle.

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I like @mswlogo app and based off what apple allows it does many great things.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
V1Driver and JBV1 offer a lot of the same things. The basics are covered so far as what you would get from a detector with GPS built in. Both mute, auto lockout, log, show frequency. In addition both with lower the music so you can hear announcements of the freq. That is the bulk of what you need to be alerted and informed.

JBV1 adds heat maps, VASCAR, Waze integration, speed limit display and a bunch of other extras. I have a dedicated Android device for JBV1 but I am an iOS user full time. So, I use both apps and go back and forth based on what I’m doing. Around town I appreciate the simplicity of V1Driver, I like how quickly it starts and mutes. JBV1 takes time to boot so my detector is noisy until it does.

Lame is not the case here. You have options, you could ask or suggest updates, but not a good look to just call something lame because its a different option.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd suggest that the concept that JBV1 takes time to boot could be a hardware thing if the secondary Android device is a cheap device. JBV1 starts immediately for me if I want it to.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd suggest that the concept that JBV1 takes time to boot could be a hardware thing if the secondary Android device is a cheap device. JBV1 starts immediately for me if I want it to.
I have the Galaxy A71 5G. It takes about 7 seconds to start. Not much but the K band door opener is wearing me out the whole time. V1Driver howerer is waiting on the V1. I like each for the main strength and use both. I won’t debate which one is better. As an Apple guy I have a phone mounted on the dash the does nothing but JBV1. I’m bought in to the system just don’t think V1Driver is lame at all.

chapRD

Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think V1 driver does a lot of great things. IIRC a lot of the JBV1 features can't be integrated into the iPhone or if they can it is a lot harder then on android. I don't think insulting mswlogo is the way to go about getting more features either. He is already doing a lot to keep the app up to date in his spare time. If you think you can build a better app for a one time fee or for free please do so!

HamSolo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Look guys I was frustrated, and I meant no disrespect to the app developers. You're all right, as I could've made a recommendation for the app developer on suggestions, on how to make the app better, rather then bashing the app all together. Next time around I'll know better, and thanks again for correcting my behavior.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have the Galaxy A71 5G. It takes about 7 seconds to start. Not much but the K band door opener is wearing me out the whole time. V1Driver howerer is waiting on the V1.
Got it. So you are saying that in your configuration, there is a delay for JBV1 because of the startup time of the Galaxy A71.

I was clarifying that JBV1 is as instantaneous if it's waiting on the V1 for an Android user. :)

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Got it. So you are saying that in your configuration, there is a delay for JBV1 because of the startup time of the Galaxy A71.

I was clarifying that JBV1 is as instantaneous if it's waiting on the V1 for an Android user. :)
Exactly. The startup is automatic but it takes time to complete that process. Its the phone I’m using. Along with that, I’m saying my iPhone, when I use V1Driver, is already on and ready to go making it available before the V1 can complete the startup sounds. Its because I use my iPhone daily versus the Android device that only serves to run JBV1. Like I said, I like and use both at different times. I have a BT LE so I can use both at the same time if I like. I will turn on V1Driver so it can duck the music making the Android device that is not BT connected easier to hear. I honestly drive myself nuts sometimes playing but it’s because I feel there are two great choices and I cannot ever 100% decide. I think you follow. :)

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep. We are saying the same stuff. :)

kyjd75

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
V1Driver does all I need to make the V1G2 the best detector I've ever used. No use for anything android. I am a 100% IOS user, so that is the way it is.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHook