Upgrade Crash

jperaino24

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just tried to update my V1G2 to the latest firmware and it lost the Bluetooth connection part way through. The RD now only shows an a with some random characters and a down arrow. No audio at all. It will not resume or restore since the program on my iphone can't connect to the V1G2. Has anyone else had an issue like this and is there a fix other than sending it back for repair?

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Did it loose the connection during the 1st 3rd of the time? When I upgraded, it seemed that it upgrade the processor code first, then the FPGA code. Unfortunately, you may have a dead processor. I would guess you might have to send it back. If it lost connection during the FPGA programming, then you should be able to reconnect and start again.

I'd try doing the factory reset on the V1 manually. I've attached their pdf for doing this. This may work enough to allow you to restart the upgrade. If not, sorry, call V1. Maybe there is a hidden key sequence to do a hard reboot.
Good luck!

Attachments

• V1Gen2-Programming.pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 28

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ouch if that doesn't work then it's probably bricked. Might have to send it back to valentine for them to fix it.

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just tried to update my V1G2 to the latest firmware and it lost the Bluetooth connection part way through. The RD now only shows an a with some random characters and a down arrow. No audio at all. It will not resume or restore since the program on my iphone can't connect to the V1G2. Has anyone else had an issue like this and is there a fix other than sending it back for repair?

I do not know if this well help, however, this technique has worked in other bricked situations. Delete the V1 app from your phone. Delete the V1 in the list of connected Bluetooth devices and reboot the phone. See if you can do a factory reset of the detector. Reinstall the V1 app and try and re-pair it with the detector. You have nowhere to go but up in this situation aside from sending the unit back.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I hope you have good luck getting this going @jperaino24. If not, VR will get it back to you really quick.

Let us know how it goes for you!

jperaino24

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try your suggestions and if I can't get it to work I will send it back to VR. I have a very early V1G2 and have had no problens at all before this.

gbriggs82

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
How do you do a factory reset ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tried all suggestions...No luck. I think it's bricked. Will have to send it back to VR.
Sorry to hear that as well. If a hard reset and deletion/reinstallation of the app didn't do it, it's time for a trip back to Valentine. You mention that you have a backup in the meantime which is welcome. Valentine will take good care of you, in fact, it would be perfectly reasonable to ask that to install the update while they have the bricked unit.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745