4.1021 Now Available

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Always wondered why VR engineers (and other manufacturer’s engineers too) don’t duplicate Raden$o’s BSM filtering used on the Pro M since it’s been stated that it has the best BSM filtering currently in any RD?

IcePick74

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I wonder if the type of vehicle we drive makes a difference.
Does the fact that I drive something that has BSM and Rear Cross traffic matter?
I'm pretty sure when I first boot up the detector it alerts to my BSM for a moment, once in a while I see a rear K alert right at start up.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I wonder if the type of vehicle we drive makes a difference.
Does the fact that I drive something that has BSM and Rear Cross traffic matter?
I'm pretty sure when I first boot up the detector it alerts to my BSM for a moment, once in a while I see a rear K alert right at start up.
Yes. Even the vehicles with "spread-spectrum" BSM's (that don't cause alerts) make a difference.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Which could indicate why this behavior wasn't noticed in testing.
the BSM of my Subaru may cause issues not seen on something like a Panamera ;)
you rang ?
lol
(Even in my panamera this is shit. Same with the Lexus. Same with the Audi )

I’m driving in little L mode just to get some damn peace, and this is in PA

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Which could indicate why this behavior wasn't noticed in testing.
the BSM of my Subaru may cause issues not seen on something like a Panamera ;)
And, it's not just the car you drive, but the cars you drive around (but don't cause alerts) that might cause weird moments. :)

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
And, it's not just the car you drive, but the cars you drive around (but don't cause alerts) that might cause weird moments. :)
In addition to the weirdness that can happen: my lexus is triggering 24.228/ 229/ 230, without other offenders on the road (5AM drives, empty roads)

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

WildOne

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In small letters too. Which adds two more week automatic. :)
Post automatically merged:

Powers at be are aware. Working things.
Hopefully they are working the delay problem as well as the apparent BSM. I see no BSM issue at all, but one heck of a delay issue(K & X). So much that I almost returned the unit within the 30 days.

jwalker007

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just drove from San Antonio to Baton Rouge with the new update and had 4 or 5 incidences with the KA band going full tilt with 9 bogey counts and it wouldn’t let me mute. Didn’t do it before this update. Little disappointed that it got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m driving in little L mode just to get some damn peace, and this is in PA
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I consider PA highways to be the single toughest countermeasures environment one can face. PASP uses handheld IO K band from a patchwork quilt of guns. I've seen a Decatur Genesis GHD, Kustom Falcon HR, ancient Kustom Falcon and an MPH Speedgun. Bastages love to sit at the top of a highway on-ramp and zap people in the @$$ as they drive past. Accurate K band filtering is a must in PA. As always, K band came from Satan's anus.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just drove from San Antonio to Baton Rouge with the new update and had 4 or 5 incidences with the KA band going full tilt with 9 bogey counts and it wouldn’t let me mute. Didn’t do it before this update. Little disappointed that it got worse.

Just to clarify- you had this with Ka? Not K.

mhowie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Got behind a Cadillac CTS this morning and K band was triggered the entire time I was following- bounced between 1, 2, and 3 bogies. Once the CTS turned left and I was clear of it, the false signals disappeared.

Last edited:

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I had my first genuine Ka alert yesterday. He was way behind in heavy traffic transmitting 34.762, the ramp and bogey count was perfect at that point. Then I lost him before he got any closer.

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I consider PA highways to be the single toughest countermeasures environment one can face.
Agreed.
Just like the vaccine will first be distributed to the most 'at risk' people, so too should Theia be distributed to anyone who lives/drives in PA first.
Theia should be 'The Official RD of Pennsylvania'.
But this is a VR thread, so I digress....

jwalker007

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Deadhead1971,

That was on KA.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Deadhead1971,

That was on KA.

Interesting as the latest release was designed to squash the Ka ghosting issue, which it seems to have done for most. Of course it introduced the multi K band BSM issue though.

2010GTR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just to clarify- you had this with Ka? Not K.
I did all the tricks and tried one more time using G2 (21) on a 200 mile trip yesterday that I make every Monday. It was pretty bad. 3-4 Ka out of nowhere then K 1,2,3,4,5,6. Basically unusable. Picks up everything. I bet I had 15-20 K band hits that averaged 5-6 bogies. Before upgrade on same trip, maybe 1 or 2 k band hits, other than usual stationary alerts.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Localmauythai