Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
two weeks

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So many different and conflicting reports from expirenced users. It's difficult to reconcile reports of "increased ghosting" against "no ghosting problem". It makes no objective sense to me.

So......it might be time to run the last 2 software revisions, side by side, to sort out the subjective from the objective. Now before you launch incoming missles about how one V1 can interfere with another V1, you might take note that in 2,400 miles of side by side V1 testing, I saw no cross-talk or degradation in performance of the V1 on the open road:

We have little to loose and much to gain. Really.

Anybody have 2 G2s with the last to revs? Or perhaps 2 testers could join forces?

Last edited:

fishmagnet

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’ll post up a short clip of my V1G2 display ‘flicker’ later today.
Can the 41021 update be un-installed and re-installed?

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So many different and conflicting reports from expirenced users. It's difficult to reconcile reports of "increased ghosting" against "no ghosting problem". It makes no objective sense to me.

So......it might be time to run the last 2 software revisions, side by side, to sort out the subjective from the objective. Now before you launch incoming missles about how one V1 can interfere with another V1, you might take note that in 2,400 miles of side by side V1 testing, I saw no cross-talk or degradation in performance of the V1 on the open road:

Anybody have 2 G2s with the last to revs? Or perhaps 2 testers could join forces?
I'm starting to think the density of the BSM/false environment has something to do with it.
Post automatically merged:

No, but you can check with V1c app to ensure the update was fully completed

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what you encounter! I don't know of a way to uninstall/reinstall.
Post automatically merged:

the density of the BSM/false environment
:yeahthat: This includes signals that aren't generating alerts / are being suppressed.

Last edited:

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe folks should think about getting an AC to DC power converter with a car cigarette lighter socket so they can do things like fw updates in the house instead of in their cars. Not very expensive and works well for me.

Exactly what I did. Also put your phone into airplane mode so incoming calls are not an issue.

Me too @Brainstorm69 ! That's where I do all of my updating on all of my detectors. These 12 volt converters work great and won't lose power in the middle of the update.

That’s exactly how I did my update, but I didn’t put my cell phone on airplane mode. I didn’t have any interruptions or calls during the update process, and my Gen2 updated successfully on the first attempt.

I wish I could use Advanced Logic more often , but I do encounter quite a bit of K-band in my city, and I am going to stay with All Bogeys mode in my city. I may try Advanced Logic once I go to neighboring towns that don’t use any K-band.

I haven’t had to send my Gen2 back since It arrived in mid-March. While I have noticed higher bogey counts on K-band BSM encounters and less effective BSM filtering on K-band, it is all good. I am sure VR will get it figured out for those of us that have experienced this. Some haven’t had any issues which is good. My Gen2 is still a beast, just a little chattier on K-band.

I still don’t have a lot of driving time with the new firmware, so my I initial impressions of the new firmware are just that, initial impressions. I don’t have much highway or interstate driving time with the new firmware , and most of my BSM encounters have been with Honda/Acura’s, a Jeep, and a new Camaro with BSM which set of the Gen2 from quite a distance away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the density of the BSM/false environment has something to do with it.
At this point, given the conflicting reports, add this to the list!

This points to the need for objective testing. By objective, I mean run each rev side by side and see if and how they behave differently. Comparing subjective results, from different testers, on different roads, on different days, with different BSMs, introduces way too many uncontrolled variables.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine is now falsing to Honda CRVs and Odyssey’s. Not happy.
VR is aware of this issue and working on it.

Sometimes fixes for problems can break other things that's probably what happened here.

They've fixed quite a few things that we've brought to their attention in the last couple of updates. At least now with the OTA update model, they can be much more responsive.

H8Bbluelights

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
VR is aware of this issue and working on it.

Sometimes fixes for problems can break other things that's probably what happened here.

They've fixed quite a few things that we've brought to their attention in the last couple of updates. At least now with the OTA update model, they can be much more responsive.
Have you talked to them? Thought they were shut down

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Those of us that have reported issues and provided feedback and data in the past have lines of communication, yes.

This is software related, so I'm pretty sure the engineers can work from home on that type of stuff.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine is now falsing to Honda CRVs and Odyssey’s. Not happy.
The frequencies of those alerts are very important here. Do you have any details on these? If not, maybe you can make note on the next one. :)
VR isn't shut down, their phone ordering process is shut down. Internet orders are still going. I do think that they are operating with a reduced staff in all applicable areas.

As mentioned above, there are rumors that a fix is on it's way sometime soon. :)

H8Bbluelights

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The frequencies of those alerts are very important here. Do you have any details on these? If not, maybe you can make note on the next one. :)

VR isn't shut down, their phone ordering process is shut down. Internet orders are still going. I do think that they are operating with a reduced staff in all applicable areas.

As mentioned above, there are rumors that a fix is on it's way sometime soon. :)
Wasn’t running app at the time but I saw what caused the false. Both Honda’s directly in front of me. It’s also now doing the bee-da-doh noise (descending beeps) which it’s never done before I know that means it’s canceling an alert but it’s at done it in all the months I had it so far until this update.
I normally use jbv1 but might have to use V1 driver for a while can’t afford to run both phones at the moment

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What we are seeing is that some Hondas are not using the standard 24.200+/- frequencies and those odd setups are punching through. That's why I ask. :)

I have mentioned a recent Honda Pilot (that I encountered on v4.1019) that had a 24.122-24.126 combined with a 24.139-24.143 set that I was able to detect and verify for 7 minutes as if I were still using a Gen1 unit. (Seemed like it wasn't filtered at all)

Some are seeing 24.22x or 24.16x from Odysseys instead of the normal 24.200 +/-.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Don't let the missles bother you! I'll guarantee that I've run multiple detectors as much or more than anyone alive! I still have 4 sets of "ghetto arrows" consisting of R1's and Redline-O's and have run them for untold thousands of miles without even a hint of a problem or interference! I also ran my V1G1 and Redline-O about a foot apart for years without ANY issues! It's all about taking the time to set them up right and getting the spacing right which does take time and testing, but the end result is worth it! The only reason I'm not running my R/1 Redline-O setup everyday now is because my V1G2 finally kicked their @sses enough for me to take them down! Jane runs her R1/R1 ghetto arrows everyday in her Mustang with zero issues as well. Of course this all depends on the detectors you're trying this with! Try it with 2 Whistlers and you might catch your damn car on fire! As long as you space the V1G1 and V1G2 far enough apart and run them for awhile to see how they do, I have no problem with it as long as you let everyone know what you're doing. Even if you do this for 100,000 miles someone will still say that you can't trust the results due to the fact that interference is unpredictable! BTW, we've run many, many tests running the V1G1 and R1 on the same windshield along with the Redline-O and R1 and they all did great, but like I said, not without prior testing for placement. I say do what the hell you want, just always tell everyone about your testing methods and let us decide their worth!

Last edited:

IcePick74

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Twice today
Pulling into a gas station didnt see the offender
24.157, 24.169, 24.167, 24.162, 24.166, 24.159, 24.160

Waiting to pull onto a highway, a van, Odyssey I think, but might have been something else.
24.164, 24.166, 24.170, 24.171

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Twice today
Pulling into a gas station didnt see the offender
24.157, 24.169, 24.167, 24.162, 24.166, 24.159, 24.160

Waiting to pull onto a highway, a van, Odyssey I think
24.164, 24.166, 24.170, 24.171

The first was either a Jeep or a Pacifica in my experience. I'm guessing the second was a Pacifica as well and not a Odyssey.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
We've seen Odysseys in those ranges as well at times. But, it very well could have been the Chrysler stuff.

Last edited:

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What we are seeing is that some Hondas are not using the standard 24.200+/- frequencies and those odd setups are punching through. That's why I ask. :)

I have mentioned a recent Honda Pilot (that I encountered on v4.1019) that had a 24.122-24.126 combined with a 24.139-24.143 set that I was able to detect and verify for 7 minutes as if I were still using a Gen1 unit. (Seemed like it wasn't filtered at all)

Some are seeing 24.22x or 24.16x from Odysseys instead of the normal 24.200 +/-.
I guess I'm lucky my Odyssey falls in the typical Honda range. I don't get alerts from mine but I have had alerts from other Odysseys.

Lately I've seen BSM alerts at about fifty yards but not close up. Is it possible part of the algorithm is filtering single signals and blocking multiples, which you would get closer to the vehicle?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronton617