4.1021 Now Available

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Maybe folks should think about getting an AC to DC power converter with a car cigarette lighter socket so they can do things like fw updates in the house instead of in their cars. Not very expensive and works well for me.
Exactly what I did. Also put your phone into airplane mode so incoming calls are not an issue.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” (Tesla S). RDT refugee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For me - it has nothing to do with putting a fix out quickly. Just like the original RL360c software - All I am looking for is an acknowledgement that there is a problem, and they are working on a fix. I dont want them to rush through it either. Take the time to make it right, test it. And have third parties that provide honest feedback test it in the wild, other than a few streets in Ohio or having VG test anything. I guess a lot like Uniden rolls out the FW upgrades, or Radenso communicates with the community.

Both of these companies knew/know there is a problem. Issues happen, we understand that. But the lack of communication is very telling with these companies (and other products) when a mistake is made. Or in the case of the RL360C, it should never left the factory with that software. Stop letting marketing insist these communications are negative, fixing things is not a negative.

What worries me is that they may know of other issues that affect their products, but they remain silent or at first deny the problem even exists.

When there is a problem, just be a good corporate citizen and be forthcoming to some extent, the silence or in some cases denial is causing a lot trust issues with the community.

And please stop making us beta testers, if someone volunteers for that fine, but if the software upgrades have not been tested in the wild by a third party (other than VG), let us know so we can hold off on the updates.
Excellent synopsis.

Looks like we are all the street wise beta testers with this release. No NDA required. We are all commenting about this while taskmasters are behind the one way mirror no external communication, taking in the comments. Beside folks running around in Blue Ash in Panamera, we are it. :)

So far, glad I was lazy and did not update.
Post automatically merged:

Agreed. Now that the cat's out of the bag and generation 2 is public I would hope Mike would be a little less guarded to have a few REAL beta testers check his update stuff out first. A software update is not some huge deal to let a small group of guys test first.
I nominate @Vortex to select the small 'beta group' for VR and submit the proposal to MV. :)
There are others of record close to Alliance Road who do live work in person, beside hitting the road. The folks are available now, once called up.

Last edited:

Buz

Old School Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Excellent synopsis.

Looks like we are all the street wise beta testers with this release. No NDA required. We are all commenting about this while taskmasters are behind the one way mirror no external communication, taking in the comments. Beside folks running around in Blue Ash in Panamera, we are it. :)
Ding, ding ding! Best explanation yet.
You are a genius!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I updated because the ramp fix > BSM problem for me. Drove it the other day and did get CRV issues. Definitely a problem but the fixes outweigh the annoyance for me. I bet VR will have another fix fairly soon but for now everyone has to make the choice of what's more important for them.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I updated because the ramp fix > BSM problem for me. Drove it the other day and did get CRV issues. Definitely a problem but the fixes outweigh the annoyance for me. I bet VR will have another fix fairly soon but for now everyone has to make the choice of what's more important for them.
That's the same boat I'm in! The Ka I/O kill zone ramp is 99% of what I care about. And that is now perfect! The other 1% is filtering, which I still haven't had an issue with on 4.1021. If I do run into it, I'll do what @cihkal does! I'll go to L mode and let it eat! I don't have to deal with hardly any K band anymore thank goodness! The off axis and range was and still is amazing, so no worries there!

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe folks should think about getting an AC to DC power converter with a car cigarette lighter socket so they can do things like fw updates in the house instead of in their cars. Not very expensive and works well for me.
This is exactly what I switched to as well. Works great like you mention and they are VERY cheap.

-Mark

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, I just said hardly two hours ago I was fine. Short drive and had it happen twice. Nothing on JBV1 screen, Ka signal came in then a pile of K signals all close together as it counted to 9. In a location I have not seen K in the past. Just after it subsided, it happened again. Same thing, low Ka signal then a pile of K. No K in that area normally. Close by I have a lockout but not where they were and not near any other cars I noticed that would have BSMs.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Me too @Brainstorm69 ! That's where I do all of my updating on all of my detectors. These 12 volt converters work great and won't lose power in the middle of the update.

jfr0317

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well, I just said hardly two hours ago I was fine. Short drive and had it happen twice. Nothing on JBV1 screen, Ka signal came in then a pile of K signals all close together as it counted to 9. In a location I have not seen K in the past. Just after it subsided, it happened again. Same thing, low Ka signal then a pile of K. No K in that area normally. Close by I have a lockout but not where they were and not near any other cars I noticed that would have BSMs.
Could you possibly post a screenshot of your JBV1 log for this encounter, please?

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Friendly telegram while I sip on coffee in a freedom loving coffee shop! 🇺🇲

Same old same old, boring because it's quiet on K and no action on Ka!!!

Maybe I'm on 4.1021X, some variation 😉... probably just lucky so far!

Been a great road-trip between Chi-Town and TN in the CX-5 with my G2, CD, and hardware savvy! Tricky getting all the good poses of the interesting vehicles; I don't snap ones that arent farting K band!

PXL_20201120_171402545.jpg
PXL_20201120_200300097.jpg

PXL_20201120_155120333.jpg

PXL_20201120_174200706.jpg

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Friendly telegram while I sip on coffee in a freedom loving coffee shop! 🇺🇲

Same old same old, boring because it's quiet on K and no action on Ka!!!

Maybe I'm on 4.1021X, some variation 😉... probably just lucky so far!

Been a great road-trip between Chi-Town and TN in the CX-5 with my G2, CD, and hardware savvy! Tricky getting all the good poses of the interesting vehicles; I don't snap ones that arent farting K band!

View attachment 165259 View attachment 165260
View attachment 165258

View attachment 165257
Glad to see you're having a nice quiet trip! Could you do me a favor if you get a chance? Try L mode with K-verifier off just for the hell of it and see if you notice a change or not. I'm just curious.

cihkal

♟️ WWG1WGA ⛈️
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Glad to see you're having a nice quiet trip! Could you do me a favor if you get a chance? Try L mode with K-verifier off just for the hell of it and see if you notice a change or not.
Yes sir! Ill make a profile and do some testing when I hop back on the road.

I'll post an update here sometime tonight when I reach my stop!

2010GTR

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Same with mine. Ka out of nowhere then k lights up 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Using Little l and x off. Otherwise default settings, no app. Going back to my R7 until this gets fixed. I just wish I could go back to 19.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzik