NJ Turnpike Kia Forte with sensors/cameras?

NJRedStingerGT2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This morning I spied this Kia Forte on the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Airport. Note the sensors/cameras on the rear trunk lid. They looked a lot like the license plate reading cameras found on some police cars. Any idea what these actually are and what agency is now using unmarked Kia
Kia Fortejpg.jpg
Fortes?

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Up here, the MBTA uses Rav4s with ALPRs mounted on them for parking enforcement in all of the station parking lots. All of the parking payment and processing are done electronically through an app. I wonder if this is something similar and the vehicle was just being moved?

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've driven thousands of miles on the turnpike and have never saw that. Most likely some unmarked for a local township. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Yippeekyaa

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The system is called MLPI or mobile license plate inventory. It is used at airport parking lots to keep a digital inventory of all cars parked in the lots, the location of the car and how long the car is on their lots. If one loses the parking ticket with date and time stamp, they have a record of when you arrived. Forget where you parked? They can tell you. This also links to an app that can be used to find your car and pay the parking fee on your departure. Saw it work last year after a return trip from Europe. Pulled up to pay the fee and the amount i owed was on the screen before i submitted the slip given to me at arrival two weeks earlier.

more info here

NJRedStingerGT2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The system is called MLPI or mobile license plate inventory. It is used at airport parking lots to keep a digital inventory of all cars parked in the lots, the location of the car and how long the car is on their lots. If one loses the parking ticket with date and time stamp, they have a record of when you arrived. Forget where you parked? They can tell you. This also links to an app that can be used to find your car and pay the parking fee on your departure. Saw it work last year after a return trip from Europe. Pulled up to pay the fee and the amount i owed was on the screen before i submitted the slip given to me at arrival two weeks earlier.

more info here
Thanks.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
This morning I spied this Kia Forte on the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Airport. Note the sensors/cameras on the rear trunk lid. They looked a lot like the license plate reading cameras found on some police cars. Any idea what these actually are and what agency is now using unmarked Kia View attachment 164296 Fortes?

That is a Kia Optima....

Here they use random vehicles for Tax purposes, to see if you have paid your Bills, outstanding Tickets, and to repo your vehicle.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761