First Road Trip with the R3

tjsadler

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Took my first road trip since getting my R3 installed and dialed in. From Northern CA to Eugene, OR and back last week. I'm really impressed with the performance. I'm running X/K Off, KA Narrow and it picked up every LEO using KA from way far enough to slow down if needed. The most impressive was at night on 199 from Grant's Pass. I got an alert about a mile before an Oregon State Trooper that was parked over a hill, around two curves, and he was on the left side of the road behind trees facing away from me. I wasn't really going fast on any part of the trip but I appreciate the advance notice either way.

Too3zln

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The range on these "newer" detectors still blows me away from what I have been used to sometimes. They only continue to get better and better.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Took my first road trip since getting my R3 installed and dialed in. From Northern CA to Eugene, OR and back last week. I'm really impressed with the performance. I'm running X/K Off, KA Narrow and it picked up every LEO using KA from way far enough to slow down if needed. The most impressive was at night on 199 from Grant's Pass. I got an alert about a mile before an Oregon State Trooper that was parked over a hill, around two curves, and he was on the left side of the road behind trees facing away from me. I wasn't really going fast on any part of the trip but I appreciate the advance notice either way.
Great report on your R3. It really is a great detector. It's performance is as good as all the top tier detectors. The top 3 only real performance advantage that matters is arrows.
BTW, are you sure it's safe running no K band outside of California?

tjsadler

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
There may be a few isolated local folks using K in Oregon but I haven't seen them. I ran K on the way up and picked up nothing but door openers and BSM. I'm always at or below the limit in towns and smaller roads so I'm not worried about it.

Saleen556

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
A great detector. I’m in Oregon and haven’t seen a legit K band alert in years.

catch1147

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've owned an R3 since it was released, never had a problem with it and the range is incredible. Just picked up an R7 from a member here to add to my collection. Enjoy your R3!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Reaction score
TJ, welcome aboard! The R3 is a stellar performer. You'll get your $$$ out of that one. Lucky you that you can switch off K band - - many of us are not so fortunate. Enjoy!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian