Ka segmentation recommendations for Quebec city??

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@bilo

Has managed to update and convert his DFR7 and would like to know what Ka segments to use on it.

Please someone can help him out with the local information he needs over what Ka frequencies are being used.

I suspect his DFR7 may also need a bit of a retune as usually they detect a bit low on Ka band until the tuning is corrected. Thereby I would also set the segment to cover the one below, or find a calibrated signal to correct the tuning.

I'd do it myself, but its not really convenient to send the detector to me in NZ to get the tuning spot on. Actually a correction of the tuning is not critical if you account for that in the segmentation settings.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Gotic

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Honestly, in the past 3 years, I have seen 1 shot of radar.
In Quebec, if radar is use, it is mostly K band. KA is practically not existent.
99.99% of the time Lidar is use.

@Eloi can correct me if I am wrong.

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@bilo

Has managed to update and convert his DFR7 and would like to know what Ka segments to use on it.

Please someone can help him out with the local information he needs over what Ka frequencies are being used.

I suspect his DFR7 may also need a bit of a retune as usually they detect a bit low on Ka band until the tuning is corrected. Thereby I would also set the segment to cover the one below, or find a calibrated signal to correct the tuning.

I'd do it myself, but its not really convenient to send the detector to me in NZ to get the tuning spot on. Actually a correction of the tuning is not critical if you account for that in the segmentation settings.
i put 2-5-8

Attachments

• 5485DE4E-75AA-4125-9B84-03C7FA47E334.png
    5485DE4E-75AA-4125-9B84-03C7FA47E334.png
    784.9 KB · Views: 22

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In Quebec, if radar is use, it is mostly K band. KA is practically not existent.

Depends , on highway i see 95% Ka .
In my town : k.
Since covid : very rare trap.
I use 2'5'6'8 on R1.

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Laser op this morning 40 east 4 chasers 1 shooter @ Pat height ...lot of fishes caught.
Post automatically merged:

Because you pass too fast , no time to record your bullet car.

Gotic

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Laser op this morning 40 east 4 chasers 1 shooter @ Pat height ...lot of fishes caught.
Post automatically merged:

Because you pass too fast , no time to record your bullet car.
Now that I remember, I was driving to Toronto 2 weeks a go, and I did get shot by Ka. But I think I was in Ontario already. I don't remember Exactly,

It was too fast hahah!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glockman03