Cordon-M2 vs R7 (Bulgaria)

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi, all.
It's been awhile since I have posted. Here are 2 passes against the low-powered Russian K-band mobile speed cam, and how the R7 detects it. Detection range is almost identical for both lanes/runs, at about 700m (~2300ft). Note how the right-lane alert is less consistent (ramp-up) as compared to the left lane - all due to the angle of the cam, relative to the road:

Run1 - Right Lane:

Run2 - Left Lane:

!!! Please, note this is the best detection. It's based on only test runs (knowing the LEO is there), not real-life encounters! Again, best results with following settings:

R7 Firmware v1.33
K 100%
K Filter OFF
K Extended
K POP ON
TSF OFF
MRCD ON

*Always detected at 24.157. Detection range also depends on how LEOs position the cam (right next to the road / few meters aside; angle pointing relative to the road). K Narrow/Wide/Extended does not make any difference. K filter makes a HUGE difference (when ON - range can be down to 100-150m/330-500ft ONLY)! MRCD on/off does not make difference on range, but does affect the ramp-up/down (when MRCD is ON, the alert is less consistent, appears "choppy", as there are multiple "bursts" as you approach the source). K POP ON does help in extending the range/consistency of the alerts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Same settings, different terrain - best detection at 250m only (~800ft):

***AGAIN - This is the R7 v 1.33

Last edited:

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Deadly stuff there. Thanks for sharing.

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have seen @skd's posts about the Cordon-M2 and I'm glad we don't face this threat here. Glad to see you posting again, hope all is well.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great videos @Marty K ! Glad to see that you're back in the USA!

Marty K

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Deadly stuff there. Thanks for sharing.
Deadly indeed. Very short-range. I was even calculating braking distance (formulas base on speed) to see what is the minimum "safe" detection range! Looks like 150-200m is the bare minimum, but not safe by any means...
Post automatically merged:

I have seen @skd's posts about the Cordon-M2 and I'm glad we don't face this threat here. Glad to see you posting again, hope all is well.
Yes, he is my friend over there. He has done very good tests as well over time with his R1, and provided valuable feedback here. Much appreciated, @skd!
Post automatically merged:

Great videos @Marty K ! Glad to see that you're back in the USA!
Thanks, man! Glad to be back...

Last edited:

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thank you, my friend. I very much appreciate you and your passion and experience in RD stuff and your cooperation as well. I have posted once or twice about this thing and mentioned your results comparing R1/R3 and R7 here but glad to see you posting personally your results. You can already see it everywhere in the cities and out of it, also at night in the back on a boulevard down a slope where people usually for the heavens can't drive at the PSL, which is already a huge abomination. Very hard for a long enough detection, in most cases. We will have some tough times with this thing here. I don't envy the Russians who have it hinged everywhere. I lay all my hopes on the future Theia.

Marty K

Intermediate User
Reaction score
"I lay all my hopes on the future Theia."
For sure, I believe I will be getting one as soon as possible (whenever that is). Who knows, maybe it will be before my next trip to BG, and we may be able to test it over there...

Reactions: skd

Marty K

Intermediate User
Reaction score
The truck played some part to the late detection.

Do they photo front or back of the car?
The front. It's just a matter of time till get start doing the rear setups, and then it would suck more! FF detection on this thing is very inconsistent and it depends on traffic around (reflections). I've had results from 300m before the cam, to kill zone, to no alert at all (all with same settings and multiple passes)...

skd

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The expensive pictures from the back are already a fact, particularly in the dark.

I've had results from 300m before the cam, to kill zone, to no alert at all (all with same settings and multiple passes)...
I very deliberately and for a good reason asked something HERE. I don't know if I have met understanding. But you for one understand now. If you had never seen it for yourself, maybe you wouldn't have believed it. This inconsistent receiving of the signal maybe has something to do with it and some people may not see any point in POP settings but this would be just a huge mistake if they go for a drive in other countries, especially Europe and Russia. By all means, I strongly recommend to all those who will travel around or through the big cities, or the entire country, be very careful with the K band. A radar detector, which is low to average price segment, may not go off at all until it is too late. Marty K has gotten to a very true conclusion. K POP gives more consistent detection for whatever reason.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
997usa