General User
Reaction score
i need ka band segment for quebec area on dfr7 nz

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
i need ka band segment for quebec area on dfr7 nz
Have you recalibrated the RD after the conversion? Frequencies are way off after conversion, so if you haven't calibrated it, would strongly suggest you either do or leave all bands on. Also, are you getting any KA falses? If you are not, I would leave all bands on. Idt you would have tangible performance benefit from fragmentation. But lastly, I would suggest checking the reginal forums for you local bands. Hope this was somewhat helpful. Stay safe!

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
best firmware nz i put ka band 2-5-8 alot less fals alert

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Okay, I have spent some time taking the DFR7 apart and to retune against a Ka source.

I have now retuned the Ka by adjusting the 'centre' point screw, and then went for testing... Found a redflex van at the bottom of the road which was ideal coincidence. Tested the retuned DFR7 against Zakks DFR7 NZ original, and also my R7. Looks as though I have now dropped the K frequency down by about 0.04. Therefore, looks as though I also need to adjust the screw that likely alters the scanning width ('span') as well as adjusting the screw that adjusts the midpoint ('centre'). To get this right I probably need both a K source and a Ka source which I can use during tuning.

Note that the screws are really very fine adjustment, only a very small fraction of a turn is needed. I would generally not recommend attempting the adjustment unless you know your Ka detection is being compromised after the conversion.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, meant to attach this file also showing the three screws, which clarifies exactly what I altered...

View attachment 137051
Did you do the recalibration? The frequencies are way off after conversion. You will be exposed if you simply go 2,5,8. Might not even detect any frequencies within these bands. If you are calibrated you are all set. Enjoy!

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Have you recalibrated the RD after the conversion? Frequencies are way off after conversion, so if you haven't calibrated it, would strongly suggest you either do or leave all bands on. Also, are you getting any KA falses? If you are not, I would leave all bands on. Idt you would have tangible performance benefit from fragmentation. But lastly, I would suggest checking the reginal forums for you local bands. Hope this was somewhat helpful. Stay safe!
how i calibrate that ?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I tried to explain before. A retune would definitely help.

Is there anyone around his area that might be able to help? An ATR stalker or a bushnel measured on a R7 or something tells you exactly what you need to tune for. The tuning requires a bit of patience but shouldn't take more than about half an hour.

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Attachments

• 8053A79F-4B96-4E20-BB5D-60BF6D9C1E21.png
    8053A79F-4B96-4E20-BB5D-60BF6D9C1E21.png
    784.9 KB · Views: 25

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Follow the link to the thread where the calibration discussion begins. After conversion, the RD reads lower frequencies than actual with 100mhz being common. Which mean that band 2 radar with be detected as band 1 frequency, b5 with be b4 and b8 will be b7. This is just for simplicity and actual will very. But as a result when you get hit with B2 you will not detect it because it falls into B1 according to your converted RD. So it is not that you are getting less falses at the moment it is that your RD is not reading many of the true KA hits. You need a known good RD to ensure and if necessary calibrate the converted RD if you want to use fragmentation. But until then use all bands and don't rely on the frequency readout. I'm just looking out for you. You might have false sense of security if your RD is out of tune.

Last edited:

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Follow the link to the thread where the calibration discussion begins. After conversion, the RD reads lower frequencies than actual with 100mhz being common. Which mean that band 2 radar with be detected as band 1 frequency, b5 with be b4 and b8 will be b7. This is just for simplicity and actual will very. But as a result when you get hit with B2 you will not detect it because it falls into B1 according to your converted RD. So it is not that you are getting less falses at the moment it is that your RD is not reading many of the true KA hits. You need a known good RD to ensure and if necessary calibrate the converted RD if you want to use fragmentation. But until then use all bands and don't rely on the frequency readout. I'm just looking out for you. You might have false sense of security if your RD is out of tune.
do you think it possible he need no ajustement

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
do you think it possible he need no ajustement
The only way is to test it to a known source or two that you know the frequency of or test it side by side with a accurate RD and test over a few sources. Is it possible, yes, but everyone who has tested and reported after conversion has been reading lower frequencies. I have personally not converted because I have no need for lower K band frequencies. Segmentation would not be a significant reason for me to convert. But if I do decide to convert, I will definitely retune before segmenting.

bilo

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i live in quebec and no need k band just ka band

The only way is to test it to a known source or two that you know the frequency of or test it side by side with a accurate RD and test over a few sources. Is it possible, yes, but everyone who has tested and reported after conversion has been reading lower frequencies. I have personally not converted because I have no need for lower K band frequencies. Segmentation would not be a significant reason for me to convert. But if I do decide to convert, I will definitely retune before segmenting.
mu lower k1 band 23.04

The only way is to test it to a known source or two that you know the frequency of or test it side by side with a accurate RD and test over a few sources. Is it possible, yes, but everyone who has tested and reported after conversion has been reading lower frequencies. I have personally not converted because I have no need for lower K band frequencies. Segmentation would not be a significant reason for me to convert. But if I do decide to convert, I will definitely retune before segmenting

witj segment 2-5-8 dont have false ka

Attachments

• FA4F9C85-0E2D-48BF-8A8E-EF432BE0FD69.png
    FA4F9C85-0E2D-48BF-8A8E-EF432BE0FD69.png
    784.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads