Netradar questions...

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Cheers for pointing this out. I've not suppressed anything yet. Unsure if a false or bsm, and a cam or something can use the same frequency? So I'm treading with caution as I figure this out.
Got into alp for laser. Didn't think I'd get this far haha!

As you should... just pointing out a serious concern, and you also identified.

Anytime one is to Lockout anything, is that one in 300th to 1 in one freq, and could be that 1 millionth to one on another.

When using ALP/NetRadar ALP, has a nice limit, without killing things, but needs to be used at Highway mode. Reason, when using the limits to alert to City/City2, will alert if locked out unit in Highway... where the NR has its limits. Would be nice that locking out on this kind of platform address for first sensed on till after, regardless of filtering..... and that is what it is , a threshold to alert vs sensitivity on this unit vs others.

Too bad this wasn't opened to the NRDSP+ series on an individual platform, as intentions were looked to.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Sorry @TurboDriver
Well spotted, and you're correct, as it looks like I've typed it out wrong.
Referring to :
Genesis VP - 24.150 & 35.100
Kustom kr 10 - 24.150
(Apparently)
And the NK7 (If that's what's now use, or as I've been told by others on here)...
Is showing 24.088
This should be the only mobile van or tripod cam, as the gov claim they have phased out everything else (but you never really know until you see it).
I should also mention this is using a nrdsp.
Post automatically merged:

As you should... just pointing out a serious concern, and you also identified.

Anytime one is to Lockout anything, is that one in 300th to 1 in one freq, and could be that 1 millionth to one on another.

When using ALP/NetRadar ALP, has a nice limit, without killing things, but needs to be used at Highway mode. Reason, when using the limits to alert to City/City2, will alert if locked out unit in Highway... where the NR has its limits. Would be nice that locking out on this kind of platform address for first sensed on till after, regardless of filtering..... and that is what it is , a threshold to alert vs sensitivity on this unit vs others.

Too bad this wasn't opened to the NRDSP+ series on an individual platform, as intentions were looked to.
Running past the cam in city modes, absolutely no decent range. Kill zone detection, which was useless. The speed limit of the road was low, so the cam was placed to catch out those who thought this particular road was the normal average limit. I could see the angle of the camera as I slowly passed, and gave me a rough idea of where the camera was aiming for the photo. Highway seemed to have enough distance for warning. I did this cautiously while travelling under the speed limit. It gave warning, but I can see those who speed about could still be easily caught out, but the range seemed decent enough for coasting.
I've always thought it would be a nice heads up to have an alert while cruising around normally and regular. I've zero intentions of increasing the speed I drive. It's mainly for the occasional intentional sway over the limit that sometimes happens or when you have to overtake, and purely a reminder (for the car it's currently on).
It's early days for me figuring out the range it gives, and understand road contours, weather, other traffic, locations will vary with results. So far in that test, it was probably 100mtrs, maybe less, but that's fine and enough if you keep your eyes open and know roughly what to look out for.
Tried to hunt another camera down today in a common spot. Didn't see it turn up or may have been really early morning, or possibly the weather as to why it wasn't there. Or maybe I turned up too early. Unsure. I'll try another spot tomorrow when I'm out and about. Just interested to see if this type of cam, are all tuned for 24.088, or they vary.
Probably take me a while to test, but I can probably fairly frequently track them down.
Cheers for the advice. It's interesting watching this thing ramp up to various things. Quite interesting seeing the buzz in the air around you when driving.
I should ask as well, the suppress is GPS based (marks the map)? Or once suppressed, is that the signal completely deleted off alert all round within the segment?
Thanks

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Have done a bit more driving but haven't seen any cams round my way.
The 24.150 freq is a prick. There's other things out there on that frequency that definately false. So no point upgrading to hw4 I feel. No getting around that by the looks. Learning stuff as I go...

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have done a bit more driving but haven't seen any cams round my way.
The 24.150 freq is a prick. There's other things out there on that frequency that definately false. So no point upgrading to hw4 I feel. No getting around that by the looks. Learning stuff as I go...

I would stay with HW2 for now. I have both, but only running HW2 in my Pickup, as I did have the HW4 in the SUV, I no longer have the SUV. There are more advantages right now to stay with HW2, and I am not a fan of HW4 for many reasons.
If you are not doing a lot of L/Os, keep what you have. Only when they do no support the 2015 to 2019 (I think) HW2, then I would change over.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would stay with HW2 for now. I have both, but only running HW2 in my Pickup, as I did have the HW4 in the SUV, I no longer have the SUV. There are more advantages right now to stay with HW2, and I am not a fan of HW4 for many reasons.
If you are not doing a lot of L/Os, keep what you have. Only when they do no support the 2015 to 2019 (I think) HW2, then I would change over.
Nice. I almost went for it. Very tempted. Unfortunately it seems ARF would be of no advanced benefit from what I've seen here at the moment.
Was going to post a video for a joke titled "How to upgrade hw1&2 cpu for $5".
Then show me spray painting the CPU black with a rattle can haha! (No mention of actually upgrading the firmware or PCB!)
Looking to cross reference the info I have on frequency, but if there is pretty much 3 frequencies to mainly be looking out for, it shouldn't be a major issue if I just segment and concentrate on those.

Last edited:

utah62

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is the Net Radar also suitable for use in Europe? In my country we have MRCT and Gatso. Thanks.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is the Net Radar also suitable for use in Europe? In my country we have MRCT and Gatso. Thanks.
No idea, until you power it up and drive with it, you can then make your decision in your location. I can't be more help than that.
Other users may be able to assist you with this.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
997usa