2.5.5 released

Boozehound

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Donation incoming! Thank you for all the great work!

Audio

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
For some unknown reason....when I get KA alerts now it will say something like "Front KA dot". Did this twice today driving home.
So johnboy00 and I have been working on this today, and found that If you revert the Google TSS Engine back to Factory settings, Without any updates. This problem seems to be fixed. This isn't a Permanent fix, since it will try to auto update the App and the problem will reappear.

I suggest Searching for Google TTS engine in the Playstore, Reverting to Factory(Assuming its installed on your phone), and disabling updates until Google fixes it, or just deal with Hearing DOT after every sentence. LoL.

Only you and I are having this problem so that's even stranger! Thanks to johnboy00 for the Help TroubleShooting.

Hope this works for you!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201107-174706.png
    Screenshot_20201107-174706.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20201107-174701.png
    Screenshot_20201107-174701.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20201107-174630.png
    Screenshot_20201107-174630.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20201107-174625.png
    Screenshot_20201107-174625.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20201107-174613.png
    Screenshot_20201107-174613.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 111

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@V1Jake Periods aren't supposed to be spoken by TTS. Another user fixed this by uninstalling updates to the Google Text-to-Speech engine and disabling further updates. The fact that this issue isn't occuring on every phone, that it started just a few days ago, and that the most recent update is now shown as September 23, makes me think that perhaps an update was released and then pulled and that many phones (like mine) never picked it up. I'd suggest uninstalling updates to Google TTS and then either disabling updates or updating again to see if it stops speaking the periods.

Last edited:

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I dont run this app yet, but I cant wait to! the functionality looks incredible!
FYI You can use it without having to pair a V1 to it. It's called standalone mode. That's what I'm currently doing. I wanted to learn the features that weren't V1 specific first, as my interest in the app was with the CSAs, PAWS, Weather RADAR overlay, and Heat Map overlay. I figure I'll run it in standalone mode a few more weeks and then begin learning about the options of pairing it to my V1 Gen 2. In the meantime, I have V1 Driver paired with my V1 Gen. 2. I didn't want to overload myself right away, as this app is by far one of the most in depth apps I've ever used.

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Audio @johnboy00 appreciate guys! Glad you found the cause of the issue. I did the aforementioned and I'll report back on the next drive 👍🏻

AllenDoc

PSL+6
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@V1Jake Periods aren't supposed to be spoken by TTS. Another user fixed this by uninstalling updates to the Google Text-to-Speech engine and disabling further updates. The fact that this issue isn't occuring on every phone, that it started just a few days ago, and that the most recent update is now shown as September 23, makes me think that perhaps an update was released and then pulled and that many phones (like mine) never picked it up. I'd suggest uninstalling updates to Google TTS and then either disabling updates or updating again to see if it stops speaking the periods.
JB, I'm also getting Dot announced all of a sudden, I could not uninstall the update to Google TTS but I did uninstall and reinstall and we'll go test again today. This just started a couple days ago for me out of the blue.

AllenDoc

PSL+6
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
JB, I am still on the S8+, so yes to Samsung, but I have been using Google TTS. I am still getting the "Dot" today after my uninstall/re-install. It has happened over the past 4 days, my Google TTS did update in Sept. I assume they did a Ghost update for things to randomly change like this. I am open to any testing if needed. I have it on recorded as Jake did, I don't think that adds and value to you, but can send if desired.... Also, this isn't pressing to me, I can live with it. Your software is so amazing there isn't anything that would keep me from using it.

Audio

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
JB, I am still on the S8+, so yes to Samsung, but I have been using Google TTS. I am still getting the "Dot" today after my uninstall/re-install. It has happened over the past 4 days, my Google TTS did update in Sept. I assume they did a Ghost update for things to randomly change like this. I am open to any testing if needed. I have it on recorded as Jake did, I don't think that adds and value to you, but can send if desired.... Also, this isn't pressing to me, I can live with it. Your software is so amazing there isn't anything that would keep me from using it.
You need to revert back to previous or original file, the most recent update seems to be the problem, so uninstalling and reinstalling just adds the problem back in. Go to the play store and search for Google TTS, click bubbles on top right, click revert to factory. Then disable updates.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I hate to remove the periods, because they add brief pauses between parts of an announcement that make them easier to comprehend. But I will if I have to. Maybe I'll add a developer option to use either commas (much shorter pause) or nothing at all.

AllenDoc

PSL+6
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You need to revert back to previous or original file, the most recent update seems to be the problem, so uninstalling and reinstalling just adds the problem back in. Go to the play store and search for Google TTS, click bubbles on top right, click revert to factory. Then disable updates.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I don't have that option. Maybe the rooted ROM I'm using, not sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201110-003043_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20201110-003043_Google Play Store.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 108

dBsm

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Same issue here using a Motorola Droid Turbo. I don't seem to have the option to revert TTS back to factory.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Havent had any action on mine yet since my Sept update to check but I'm assuming I'll have the same issue whenever I do

Audio

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don't have that option. Maybe the rooted ROM I'm using, not sure.
Ok, Hit the Uninstall Button- Uninstall all updates, and disable updates. Not sure why mine gave an option to reset to factory, but this should solve the problem

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
2.5.6 will include an option for normal pauses (periods and/or commas used), shorter pauses (only commas used), or no pauses (no periods or commas used).

brodonalds

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If there was one source option everyone should be using, there would be no source option.

Do you care how much data is used? If not, use ALL or HwR. If you do care, use AUTO or a specific source (a-c). They all have "global" coverage, but some may be worse than others in some areas. I can't evaluate coverage for every corner of the globe.

JB, in 2.5.5 i do not see HwR as a source option. I am upgrading to .5.6 just in case.
Post automatically merged:

JB, in 2.5.5 i do not see HwR as a source option. I am upgrading to .5.6 just in case.
I retract that I was in the source config in advanced and not just looking at the paws source. I am the dumb.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose